General FreeSpace > FreeSpace Discussion

Descent And FreeSpace?

(1/3) > >>

Rogue Assassin04:
Hey guys,

I had a bizarre idea about the pre Terran Vasudan War.. The Material Defender from Descent 3 will somehow be stuck in space and time due to his warp core malfunction (when he is warping after the destruction of PTMC Shiva) and hence will have played havoc on subspace, space and time. He realizes that he is in the year 2320. GTA take him in and the missions/Campaign starts...

This is just a rough sketch of my idea, i'm no FREDder, Modeller, or graphics artist, therefore it is quite hard for me to express the ideas.

Also, there is a Pyro GX mod somewhere in the threads... I'll link it once i find it.

So, thats my idea.....

Goober5000:
Sounds like a fun idea. :)

HLD_Prophecy:
It sure would be cool if somebody made a decent Descent crossover. (See what I did there? :D)

You could try learning FREDing - I'd say that it's easy except that I'd only say that because I've been doing it for a few years. :P If you think the learning curve is too steep or your talents lie elsewhere, you could pitch your idea to other FREDers and see if they'd like to help you make the project happen. You could be the story writer and campaign planner.

Also, you could definitely make something like this without the aid of a modeler - there's ready-made community ships galore out there, many of them custom built for the terran Vasudan war era, and many others which could reasonably fit that time period.

Don't give it up without trying, it's a cool idea!

Rogue Assassin04:
Thank you for the encouragement, @PVD_Hope and @Goober5000!

I shall try to read through the FRED documentation.

I do have a rough draft for a story though... to whom do i need to give it?

I found the Pyro GX mod also... i have attached it.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Torchwood:
An interesting idea. Making a ship behave like the Descent Pyro is certainly possible. Designing indoor levels like those in Descent, unlikely, but who knows, some *ahem*Spoon*ahem*AndrewOfDoom have created intra-ship sections for the player to navigate.

I, for one, welcome our new full 3-D maneuvrable, trichording overlords.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version