Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > The Modding Workshop

What happened to Teeth of the Tiger?

(1/10) > >>

Nightmare:
^Title says anything. TotT was one of a hand full campaigns I was looking forward to (of which most sadly disappeared over time), I played the Demo shortly after it got released and enjoyed it very much - I liked the concept of a new species and the subspace cruisers. Yet the campaign disappeared some years ago, along with the former project leader (BengalTiger), however several staff members are still around. I haven't seen that the mod has been officially cancelled nor released anything, so I wanted to know...

1. what would the story have been about? The demo was short but fairly interesting.
2. are there any assets left that could be released? The Tiigran-Merisst ships looked pretty and there were apparently several unreleased ones. Also, I don't like it to see work go to waste.

0rph3u5:
The Mod was hosted in FSmods for a long time but when the admin and site-framework changed it fell off the map... At the tail end I belive only BengalTiger was still working on it AFAIK, who despite his/her general productivity mostly made assets...

I might still have some old files somewhere in bowls of backups but they are hardly up to date; I was one of the projects mission designer for a while* but since I mostly focused on missions that were set before the Tiigran-Merisst showed up (acutally the last mission I worked on had them show up)... As always I kinda dropped off to work on my own projects (back then Workings of the Warp was still a thing) and wasn't roped back in.

*Part of deal where I would get access to the assets prior to release, test and repurpose them as long as I wouldn't show and release stuff before BengalTiger.

As for story-notes, when I was working on it most of the story and plot was still up in the air - although some key points were there-there. I hate to sound like a tease but that is really all I can say.

Colonol Dekker:
Your post is the first I've heard it mentioned in ages. (And I'm on the team  :sigh:)

Nightmare:
Yeah its sad when mods die, but that nobody cares about it to the point that nobody's even asking "I saw this cool thing, what happened to it" is probably worse... While this one has been obviously dead for some time, nobody asked about TI neither in several years.

Hellstryker:
Oh wow, you picked an interesting time to post this...

I was pretty much the lead modeler for the thing, working on HTLing all the Tiigran ships Bengal cooked up. It depends on who you ask really but I personally lost interest in its development due to creative differences.

1: I'll leave answers about the story question up to Bengal if he pokes his head in because, as I mentioned, creative differences, but you would have gotten to see both Shivan and Tiigran space.
2: Yes, there are a few laying around, some of which I probably still have, including an HTL Sipahi model.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version