Community Projects > The FreeSpace Upgrade Project

Banner art for HLP YouTube channel and Facebook Page

(1/3) > >>

Iain Baker:
Hi everyone!

As some of you may know, I am HLP's new acting Social Media Manager. I haven't started the promotional activities yet as I'm making sure everything in the background is set up first.

Whilst checking this, I noticed the HLP YouTube channel is lacking any banner art, so is in need of a face-lift  :p

I have attached a screen shot of what I mean, along with a screenshot of a comparable YouTube channel which does feature some rather nice banner art.

The HLP FB page is in dire need of some art work as well. Images attached, along with an image of a page which does have some nice banner art.

I need to source some artwork for this, and I was told this might be the place to ask. How shoulf I go about this, who should I ask? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

NB - the HLP Twitter account has decent banner art already, as does the r/freespace subreddit.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

HLD_Prophecy:
You might consider checking through the plethora of past screenshot contest winners for a background. We've had some epic screenshots that really show off the engine's capabilities. :nod:

Iain Baker:
Good idea. I tried that, but ran into a problem. The images were too small pixel count wise so YouTube wouldn't allow them. The minimum allowed is 2048 wide by 1152 high, which is above the native 1920 x 1080 most screen shots are taken at. I guess I would need higher res image. Now, who on here has a 4K rig I wonder? (FYI - not me  :( )

mjn.mixael:
I can help with this.

Iain Baker:

--- Quote from: mjn.mixael on October 05, 2018, 10:43:27 am ---I can help with this.

--- End quote ---

Superb, thank you :-) Let me know when you have some eye-candy for the banner and I'll upload it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version