Author Topic: Looking good but...  (Read 1981 times)

Looking good but...
I can remember many days spent infront of a computer screen playing Wing Commander 3 and 4, I've never played 1 or 2. Too young, y'see.

The only thing I ever felt was missing from those games were large scale fleet battles. But now, it appears, there will be some!

Anyways, I'm just wondering about some things. I see the Tallahassee cruisers have been included (my favourite ship!) but, will we say a Confederation class Dreadnaught like the Concordia?

All I can say is great work, I'll be VERY happy if the Confederation Dready is included. If not, I'll be very happy but slightly less then VERY.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
If I remember correctly, current effort is focused on getting WC3-era ships ready, but there are various others from other eras that are also floating around. Eventually they might add them all as side-projects start to work out.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Lynx

We already have a half finished model, but it'd need a bit more of optimizing, and it won't be included in the prologue release(R1). It'll be in the 2nd major campaign, but we don't know yet in what role to include it. It'll definitely show up in some simulator missions and/or multiplayer missions.

As for WC1 and 2 ships, a few are going to be included in minor roles as InSystem Security ships, militia and in  Home Defense squads, but you'll probably won't get to fly them since you're stationed on a frontline carrier with the latest equipment, so you won't have to fly them since they are obsolete in WC3 times.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

That's all right. From what I've seen, I'm not too fond of the green designs. Don't like the color, don't like the designs. Confederation Dread is an exception, it seems. Give me the gray blue ones any day. :p

Offline Lynx

The WC2 ships we have are being textured in WC3 style.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.