Author Topic: SAGA Mod just mentioned in Belgian/Dutch gaming Magazine!  (Read 2505 times)

Offline Dishwasher

• Diplomat Extraordinaire
SAGA Mod just mentioned in Belgian/Dutch gaming Magazine!
Article is titled Freespace 2 mods It has a picture with the cloakable strakha titled Freespace 2 meets wingcommander? Cool!
here is a rough translation,

FreeSpace 2 is with it's intense dogfights and amazing laserbeam capship battles without a doubt the most spectaculair spacesim ever. For those who want more (and No that does not include Darkstar one or Freelancer) there is some good news. Since the sourcecode for FreeSpace 2 has been released last year the mods for freespace 2 have been popping up like mushrooms. Just take a look at www.hard-light.net - under tab "hosted". Here you can find all projects under construction. VERY INTERESTING IS THE WING COMMANDER SAGA MOD that can also be played by players who do not own a original copy of FreeSpace 2. www.wcsaga.com

Congratulations guys, It's from the PC gameplay, het ultieme spelmagazine
Year 13, nbr, 125, september 2006
www.pcgameplay.com
Live is Unfair, Kill yourself or get over it.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Re: SAGA Mod just mentioned in Belgian/Dutch gaming Magazine!
Source code released last year? :D

Whoa, these coder guys have really got a lot done since that... :lol:
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
I find it amazing how WC Saga gets mentioned in several magazines wihtout having released anything playable ;)
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Dishwasher

Source code released last year? Big grin

Whoa, these coder guys have really got a lot done since that...

Yeah I know.. but still it's cool

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
Well, the writer also claims that all projects are hosted on Hard Light Productions... which is blatantly untrue and tells about not finding out about things.

Game Warden hosted projects are completely forgotten, most notable being the BSG:BtRL of course, and the other important one is the Shadows of Lylat conversion, which seems interesting enough even though I've never played any games of the Starfox series in my life. Not forgetting all the others, which I ...don't really remember right now. :rolleyes:
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Dishwasher

Well, the writer also claims that all projects are hosted on Hard Light Productions.

Well that's just untrue the write doesn't claim that at all, He uses hard-light as an example.
"Just look at......"

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
Here you can find all projects under construction.

Depends of interpretation. Though anyone who stumbles across HLP will - eventually - be introduced to other projects also. Going through "Celebration of Freespace" thread would do that, for example.

If I didn't knew better, I could easily get an impression that all the projects are here. :rolleyes: BUT, that could also be because of translation. It could have alternative meaning on Dutch/Flaeming or what ever it is originally written in. No biggie, factual errors weigh les in scales than good things brought by publicity... such as possible talented n00bs to make new 50+ mission campaigns, HTL models and cool modifications... not to mention people who use these awesome things.

Offline Dishwasher

Lost in Translation

Offline Fergus

I must say it took quite a wee while for it to click with me that there were other places like HLP with thier own hosted projects, took me an awfully long time to find out that BSG:BtRL was more than just a pipe dream.
Generic signature quote blabber

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
I find it amazing how WC Saga gets mentioned in several magazines wihtout having released anything playable ;)

Seconded :) But I see this as a good sign for getting even more of this once released :) Not to mention, and very important IMO, all reports about
us directly also make advertisment for HLP and the other mods. There are certainly so many people out who really don't know what they are missing here. FSU, Inferno, BSG, B5 and all the others....

Something like this((just an example) : You waited for the B5-Game and it was cancelled ? That bites. So, we decided to do it ourself, and it is great. Go play it :D 

That's why I think HLP and the SCP is so important. As much as I like Freespace and Freespace 2, I see even more potential in the SCP because it makes theoretically everything possible, we just have to create it.

(edit) I forgot, we released a playable aprils fools demo :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 12:07:09 pm by Starman01 »
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
The Wing Commander Series carried a lot of weight in Germany, it's casting your shadow before you, if you see what I mean ;)

Congrats guys, and don't feel too bad about the Hard-Light thing, better to be linked here than nowhere at all, and anyone who is interested is going to post here and find out soon enough about the other sites involved.