Author Topic: I *hate* Razors  (Read 1891 times)

First of all, I love this!  I have never played a Wing Commander game before (I was an X-Wing jockey) but I must have seriously missed out if Saga is representative of the series.  The voice acting is spot-on, too.  "Sir, I keep having these horrible dreams..."

However, I've been stuck on the third mission, mostly of my own doing.  Those darn Razors are so hard to dogfight, and you *can't* beat them without afterburners.  You'll wear their shields down and then jet off to recharge them.  And you can't catch them in a Tbolt without burners, which I've always run out on.

Annoyingly, one of the Alphas, either Assassin or Ninja, would not shoot at the Razor dogfighting him, even when he had a shot.  Dunno what's that all about.

And I love the torpedo's power, even though I've only got one through once (and died right after).  Can Baws fire his torp?  I haven't seen him try, but I've been busy with those dang Razors...

Good work, all in all!

EDIT: Just finished.  Beautiful, and now I want more!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 08:07:44 pm by Eightball »
"You tell me, Pilot.  I'm informed on a need-to-know basis."

CLBE! - Command Let Bosch Escape!

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga

Annoyingly, one of the Alphas, either Assassin or Ninja, would not shoot at the Razor dogfighting him, even when he had a shot.  Dunno what's that all about.

This happens sometimes, it's an AI Issue. I've also often seen AI-Fighter flying in circles with the enemy because everyone is trying to get on the others back :D

And I love the torpedo's power, even though I've only got one through once (and died right after).  Can Baws fire his torp?  I haven't seen him try, but I've been busy with those dang Razors...

Be sure to stay away from the torpedo explosion, it's deadly even for you if you are too close.   When your torpedo misses, Baws will make his attack run. He is flying to a evading point to get time to lock on and then start his run on the frigate
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.