Author Topic: Saving or using 'Passwords' ???  (Read 3000 times)

Saving or using 'Passwords' ???
Hi there, super mod. I love to relive the good old WC III classic-games 4 ever.

Now my question. How do i save anyway in this game ? How do i continue a mission, how do the stats get updated ?

I already replayed the first and second mission a few times. But i dont wanna start it all over again everytime  :blah:

shouldnt there be auto-saving anyway ? (for the stats)

I'am getting a password at the end of mission 1: Hyperion. Where do i enter that password ?? please help me to not get frustated. Thanks

Oh and btw: At the start of the game, i had some problems to even getting in the game: When i'am creating a pilot and then clicked on 'create' or 'select' i always came to the main-menu but everything seemed to be frozen and i couldnt move the mouse. I found a way to fix it was just place the mouse over 'select' and then press 'enter' on keyboard. That fixed it. But it was hard to realize that and theres probably a problem that should get fixed

Good work at the development team of this good Mod
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 07:44:09 am by BuddhaMaster »

Offline Phenix

Re: Saving or using 'Passwords' ???
The game Automatically saves your progress when you finish the mission. To start playing from your last position, start wc saga and just select continue....if you have created more than 1 "pilot names", first select the one you have been playing with the last time you did mission 1 and 2. It should work. :)

Also, the "password" is to be used with a small program you can find in your wc Saga folder.  It tells you some background story between the missions...it,s not that important ,but if you wish to enjoy the full wc saga has to offer, it's nice to read it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 09:55:49 am by Phenix »

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
I would also recommend to take a look at the fiction viewer. The story is very well written.
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Cool, I didn't know this...

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
Many players don't know that.
But that's a problem which is worked on.  :)
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Indeed, that will be better in the final game :) As for saving points, we have heard that "complaint" from a lot of people. Though it's a really valid request, I'm afraid that this isn't something we (in that case the SCP-Team) will be able to add at all (I maybe mistaken though). On the other hand, I don't think it's really necessary. In most space games I know I couldn't save much while flying a mission.

Since our first release was a prologue and mostly meant to introduce WC to a new spacesim engine (and therefore built as a tutorial) it's a little "long breathing" (is that actually an english phrase ? I don't know :) ) and the replay value is a little lowered, that I have to admit.

The main game will have a little more action and a little less chatter in the missions (or at least it will be timed differently), not to mention that the autopilot has now be changed too to make it faster, it should make replays a little more fun :)

@BuddhaMaster : Like the other guys said, when you have successfully completed a mission, you will be automatically taken to the next one. In case you need sleep and food (some people might need that :D ) and you exited the game, simply click on "continue" in the main menu, it will bring you back to the place you exited. And when you are done with the campaign, be sure to check out the additional single player missions in the techroom/mission simulator.

And before we forget (where are your manners guys ? )

:welcome:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 01:23:10 pm by Starman01 »
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
The correct English phrase for what you meant is "long winded".
And yes, it is.  :D

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Thanks for correction :) I just tranlated my german 1:1 into english :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Hmm, well thanks for the answer. But it isn't saving ! I already completed the first mission several times and it always re-starts at mission 1 ..if i get back to the game (restarting game)

So when is the moment it should save the game ? ..the only thing is that i never exited it properly but exited with a crash or terminated the program.

I have only one pilot-profile. Its always the same but never anything gets saved... dam

What could be the problem why it's not saving at all ??

and about the passwords to use in the fiction-viewer: Thats very cool ! i will check that, because i love "useless background storys" ;) but they make a game deeper

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Try creating a new pilot, that might help...
EDIT: I do believe it saves when you click "Accept" after you view the debriefing screen.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga

EDIT: I do believe it saves when you click "Accept" after you view the debriefing screen.

Yes, be sure not to accidently click the "replay mission" button
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
And if you click the third option (cancel or exit or some such), it asks you if you would like to accept the mission outcome (save) or retry later.
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...