Author Topic: Publicity  (Read 4359 times)

I know that this mod has a profile on ModCenter (that's where I found it), but I was just thinking that maybe someone from the team should create one for Saga on ModDB.  It's a far bigger modding site and gets way more traffic.  Couldn't hurt to get greater exposure and there are a lot of WC fans out there.  Just an idea anyway.

http://www.moddb.com

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
if you would have really checked, then you would have noticed, that a mod profile for Saga exists for over a year ;)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Yeah, and I was just lazy/busy and haven't updated it in a while :)

Maybe you just looked in the wrong section. It's under "standalone" and not "freespace 2"
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

if you would have really checked, then you would have noticed, that a mod profile for Saga exists for over a year ;)

I actually did really check, LOL.  However, most people using ModDB search for mods by game (since their search engine is built that way)...many don't even know the standalone section exists.  I bet you'd get a lot more hits posting it as a Freespace 2 mod.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
you do have a point ;)

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
*nods*

Maybe we should change it, or get more news to the front page :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Maybe we should change it, or get more news to the front page :)
From personal experience, I would wait until you have big news before trying to get it posted on the front page.  ModDB likes to announce big things like new releases, patches or even official release dates.  I'd wait until you have something solid like that to go after the main page, but we could definitely stand a few more little updates on the mod's personal ModDB page.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Admiral_Carin made the same point on the BtRL forums. Perhaps we should make an entry for Freespace 2 : Total Conversions and link to all the TCs that have entries under stand alone from there?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
That sounds like a good plan.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
in the name of publicity, I say: do it!

-WC Saga's beta tester

Well, my idea has been seeded and discussion is underway, therefore my work here is done, LOL.  Looking forward to the latest progress reports and media.

Long live Wing Commander!

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
speaking of media: you might want to visit our website :)

-WC Saga's beta tester