Author Topic: One question re: the MOD  (Read 2755 times)

One question re: the MOD
Is the campaign specifically being created to be playable by everyone no matter the age?
The only reason I ask is during the last mission of the prologue,

Spoiler:
When one of the terran Heavy Cruisers comes in the captain says "Dang it all! We're too late" which I found kinda funny and a bit of understatement considering they just lost a carrier with a couple hundred (or thousand) dudes on it. But it later occured to me that maybe the language is being kept rather clean for the sake of the younger generation who you'd like to introduce to the universe??

Just curious.

Offline Sphynx

Re: One question re: the MOD
Well, speaking for myself, it has been my desire to create a game that I wouldn't mind playing with my children. For that, I have wanted to keep the language relatively clean. However, the degree of harsh language is largely regulated by the voice actors (we do not require them to say anything they aren't comfortable with saying). That's where that line came from (I'm the voice actor on that line).

Other characters will use some language that is a bit "saltier." However, I think our major goal (or at least my understanding of it) has been to stay within the general parameters of the official Wing Commander games. So, there was no strategy from the team as a whole along the lines of what you were suggesting per se, but that is consistant with my particular approach to the voice acting.
What we perceive is more a reflection of ourselves than of our environment.

However, I think our major goal (or at least my understanding of it) has been to stay within the general parameters of the official Wing Commander games.

Wicth means essentially that language should be kept pretty clean. IIRC there was no f*** words used in the series, but some harsh language made it thorough.

However, I think our major goal (or at least my understanding of it) has been to stay within the general parameters of the official Wing Commander games.

Wicth means essentially that language should be kept pretty clean. IIRC there was no f*** words used in the series, but some harsh language made it thorough.

No, I know. Very few FS2 fan campaigns use language like that too. Can only think of one that I've seen it.
         Using that sort of language doesn't often enhance the experience anyway so why bother.