Author Topic: Kilrathi Use Terran Messages  (Read 3585 times)

Kilrathi Use Terran Messages
I am making a mission for Saga that uses Scooby's ships.  Its a standard patrol mission.  I figured out how to use autopilot and the mission works great.  My problem is that Kilrathi ships use Assassain's built in message (I guess for the WC4 missions/demo).  Ex: When I kill a Gothri it shouts "I'm pulling the cord, wish me luck." Do i need to remove the WC4 demo to get rid of this?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Kilrathi Use Terran Messages
Why not just check 'disable built-in messages' for the Kilrathi ships under FRED?

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
You need to assign the correct persona for the Kilrathi Fighteres. Wingman 7 - 11 are Kilrathi, 12+13 are Pirates. For the rest take a look into the message.tbl located in the core.vp
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

You need to assign the correct persona for the Kilrathi Fighteres. Wingman 7 - 11 are Kilrathi, 12+13 are Pirates. For the rest take a look into the message.tbl located in the core.vp

Thanks, this works perfectly.

EDIT: This brings up another question.  After looking in the messages.tbl, I saw all of the built in messages.  Is there a way to FRED those messages in (specifically all clear)?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 08:58:44 am by Jake2447 »

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
It's dead easy.

1. Create a regular message in the event editor
2. Copy text and file name from messages.tbl to the messages editor. You are done. ;)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

It's dead easy.

1. Create a regular message in the event editor
2. Copy text and file name from messages.tbl to the messages editor. You are done. ;)

Thanks for the help.  More random questions as I begin learning to FRED with Saga...

Are there any interface graphics for command briefings in Saga.  The mission I'm working on has a command briefing but it appears in the default FS2 interface.  I plan to use command briefings to add a character driven element to the mini-campaign I'm working on, but if there is no interfac art I may try something else.

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
To get the Kilrathi death screams for Kilrathi ships, you need to change the personas of the Kilrathi ships.

Tolwyn posted a list of personas and comm headz here.
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga

Are there any interface graphics for command briefings in Saga.  The mission I'm working on has a command briefing but it appears in the default FS2 interface.  I plan to use command briefings to add a character driven element to the mini-campaign I'm working on, but if there is no interfac art I may try something else.

Nope, sorry. We didn't used it in the prologue, so therefore we didn't make a new artwork for it
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga

Are there any interface graphics for command briefings in Saga.  The mission I'm working on has a command briefing but it appears in the default FS2 interface.  I plan to use command briefings to add a character driven element to the mini-campaign I'm working on, but if there is no interfac art I may try something else.

Nope, sorry. We didn't used it in the prologue, so therefore we didn't make a new artwork.

But a full interface set is ready for the full game. ;)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Yeah, released in 2669 (Dezember, wasn't it ? :) ) So a little patience is required :D
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH