Author Topic: Registry settings  (Read 1612 times)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I've installed and played the 1st two missions of WCSDD with wine in Linux and it's all working (mostly) OK so far.  The game itself is quite cool, as others have said it's recreates the feel of WC3/4 very well - top notch job  :yes:

I have a favour to ask - would someone mind posting a screenshot of their registry settings?
HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->Volition->WingCommanderSaga

I haven't managed to get the launcher running so I haven't set up my graphics, so it's in some non-native-monitor resolution which looks a little subpar.  I think that the settings which would previously been in ~/.fs2_open/fs2_open.ini are in the registry, so if I could see a screenie of someone else's settings I could probably figure out how to set my resolution to match my monitor.  Playing around with some settings so far has got me either no change or crashes on launch :)

Thanks in advance.

Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Here are mine. Hope these help

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Thanks very much! Just what I needed :)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
Soo... would you mind posting a how-to for wine users who want to try the Windows version of Saga under Linux?
I'm sure there are some people who would like to try that. :)
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Good idea - I'll put something into a post tonight.  I've also submitted something to the Wine AppDB - we'll see if it gets approved or not.
----
----