Author Topic: Star Trek: Legacy  (Read 10457 times)

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
I hate My signature!

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Goddamn the Excelsior-class is ugly as sin. The game renders it beautifully, but the design looks like it was assembled by a retarded 3-year-old.

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
excelsior FTW lol
I hate My signature!

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
excelsior FTW lol
I'm guessing you were that retarded 3-year-old. :p

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
excelsior is uber, it eats metsufaes for breakfast
I hate My signature!

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Goddamn the Excelsior-class is ugly as sin. The game renders it beautifully, but the design looks like it was assembled by a retarded 3-year-old.

That's what happens when you have a design made from 3 toilet tubes, stickyback plastic and a frisbee.

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
I agree it's ugly as sin, but still can look better than what they did...

Like Omni's port of the Excelsior from BC, remember? (only critique is that the warp nacels need a little bit of blue glow IMHO)...

http://www.penguinbomb.com/nodewar/forum/showthread.php?p=27922

"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

there are a few excelsior refit mods in the works, depends on when\if we get a refit tool, also if we can get the other excelsior models <as you may know there were several designs that were excelsior> to the dev who is doing conversions in his free time, good guy, standing up for his unfinished title when almost no one else is

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
I <3 the Sovereign. Wouldn't mind seeing the Prometheus class in there though, multi-vector or not.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
The one ship I wish was in there for the earlier period was the Daedalus. Overall a pretty good selection of ships, but I do like the Missouri and Yamamoto from Klingon Academy. "Assault phasers standing by!" *Pfffwhrrrwwwwwwh!*
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

The graphics engine reminds me a lot of Klingon Academy. I think I saw some comments that it had major segments of code ripped from there - the fact that some of the preprocessor definition files left in the distribution had comments dated '98 seem to support that.

In short: beware of trailers that show no actual gameplay. They're hiding it for a good reason.

Offline Getter Robo G

Yeah, But it's Mad Doc, they basicly gutted their Armada II engine, added "NEW" features, then again Gutted it (From reports from modders) as if they had changed their minds about the game internals, and rushed it out the door half finished...

While I liked Armada II, but am done with it. And I don't own a 360, I am through with that Developer as a consumer.

"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
While I haven't had half of the problems with certain missions that some of the reviewers have had, it's been two days since I've touched it. (I'm in the middle of the last few Picard missions but lost the will to play)

The first few missions I was swearing at the controls, and then a few other missions I was swearing at dumb design:
1) Last Archer mission with the insanely sized Romulan fleet you're supposed to disrupt.

2) Last Kirk mission with the disruptors you're supposed to scan, which I kept getting hit so I couldn't do the scans. When I finally completed it my ships were heavilly damaged and I missed one of the few bits of plot by hitting spacebar to skip through so I could issue repair commands.

Without the ability to save and redo a part #2 is *very* frustrating. Plus simple things like autorepair should be in, seriously why should I have to click on it to start it? Now letting players go into the repair menu to toggle off repair chunks to speed up other repairs makes sense but by default there should be an autorepair option...

The terrible thing is if Klingon Academy, Bridge Commander, and Legacy were mixed together we'd have the ultimate Trek game- (KA's tactical depth and atmosphere, Bridge Commander's interface and Legacy's... ermm... forget I mentioned legacy I just want KA and BC mixed damn it!)
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I really like those NX-01 and Galaxy screenshots. The shadows look great, and it looks to be just the right amount of bloom.

Offline Centrixo

im still await on amazon to deliver the game. i might be waiting until after christmas.

the screenies look good, other peoples opinions dont count yet, il give a reply soon.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline Getter Robo G

I think most Trek gamers would agree with you Ace! (I certainly do)...

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
THOU SHALT NOT SLATE THE EXCELSIOR CLASS!
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
other peoples opinions dont count yet

You have just quite accurately summed up everything wrong with you. Congradulations.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Centrixo

thanks ... . im keeping that one to myself. no infact, your supposed to show restraint not personal opinions, thanks.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline Freespace Freak

• Official forum permanewb
apparently, theres a whole chunk of code in the game from ST: Armada 2

its like someone did a copy paste and sticked some nicer graphics on it :/

How do you know about the contents of the source code of either game?   :wtf:

Anyway, I'm disappointed.  I was actually looking forward to the release of this game.  Good thing I read reviews before buying?