Author Topic: Props to Passionate Community + Shameless Stream Plugging  (Read 98313 times)

Offline redmagejoe

• Rage Mage of Ill Fated Gaming
    • Steam
Re: Props to Passionate Community + Shameless Stream Plugging
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Available for Voice Acting work!
Email me: [email protected]
Steam me: redmagejoe

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
I'm glad you are having a blast with the live play although you struggled a bit. But, yeah, AFR 2 is a different animal altogether and it is more chaotic.

There's a bug with Osiris bombers though. It seems your shot damage don't effect much. I don't know what the bug is since it's not my custom model. Their hull and shield are the same with other vasudan bombers. And in my end I can kill them fairly easy.

Anyway, Osiris bomber were only used in 2 or 3 missions in the entire campaign. So if you encounter them, just cheat.

Regarding with secondary objectives and bonus objectives, some these are very hard to achieve. They are like "achievements." And they don't really fail the mission.

In your last mission of the stream, the 2nd convoy group is nearly impossible to save, it's the story. It was meant to introduce the deadliness of the Anubis Cruisers. I suggest killing the Weapons subs and not the reactor. Anubis Cruisers are fairly easy to disarm.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Some Info in AFR 2

CO of the 7th BG: Admiral Neil Cartwright
Flagship: Midway

Squadrons assigned to the 7th BG:
76th Ice Queens (Midway)
70th Blue Lions (Churchill)
78th Wyverns (Gettysburg or Midway)

----‐--------------------

I have posted these hints in my AFR 2 thread sometime in 2021.

For ships, there are only 2 types that should be your "goto." The Avalanche and the Raptor. Forget using bombers or the Phoenix or the Dark Angels unless that's all you have.

For weapons. Remember each has its advantages and disadvantages. But the "goto" for this campaign is the Starfury and the Devastator, both have good subsystem damage that is almost like the Akherton. Next in line is the Ripper. The Skyrail is not very good (though I added it in my weapon list).

Now, dealing with many bombers. Although I can wipe them all out under a minute, i recommend giving orders to ALL your wings to attack just one of them, preferably the center of the pack, and your wings will help you decimate them.

Armed yourself and your wingmates with the best weapon available. The Starfury Scattergun, the Widowmaker if available (which is rarely available), the Screamer rockets (contrary to what everyone believes, it is very effective), trebuchets (they still have their worth) and lastly, the Blizzard SDG but only arm this yourself and not your mates (they tend to prerably use this and this weapon has no physical damage)

For capships. Vasdan cruisers, they are deadly to capships despite their size and very dangerous to approach with their flak cannons (they have 25), so brave the flak and destroy their reactors and they will explode. But if they are threatening assets you're protecting, quickly disarm them by targeting the Weapons Subs. For the deadly Vasudan corvette, it has no exposed reactor so disarm it completely by targeting the "weapons" subsystem. This is the same as the Archania destroyer. You have to be quick or they will tear you apart with their flaks or devastate the assets you are protecting. Vasudan capships are armed to the teeth. Those Hornviper torpedoes will tear your assets apart at very long range. Those Meson cannons (these are not regular lasers) which is analogous to the Terran Antimatter cannons (green projectile) are devastating now than in Reboot. Don't take out the turrets, take out the subsystem controlling it. Do this in strictly 2 minutes everytime. Everytime. An example is the mission "Caucus for peace," the two Archanias will destroy the transport Katrina in two minutes. Neutralize the two destroyers in two minutes, and yes, two destroyers. I can do that by using the Starfury and widowmakers, no need for the Blizzard.

Oh, yes. Mostly forget the enemy fighters. They are a distraction.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 12:18:31 am by herkie423 »

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Googling my teamspeak delay yields only distance as a probable cause. Yet I had better results from a mobile phone in a tent at the foot of a welsh mountain 🤣🤣
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Googling my teamspeak delay yields only distance as a probable cause. Yet I had better results from a mobile phone in a tent at the foot of a welsh mountain 🤣🤣

I hope there's no problem when I join Team Speak using mobile. But the time difference really throws me off. When Joe streams, it is 2am here. Way too late.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
I see everyone is still getting the John Richter hype. Ha ha. Well, it's Lt. Commander Courtney Aguilar now. The Protagonist of AFR 2.

Offline CT27

I'm glad you're enjoying AF2 (aka TBG) so far RMJ.

A couple technical points:
-I heard there was a problem hitting the Osiris bombers.  From what I could see you were playing on FSO 22.0; I had the same problem with Osiris bombers on that version too.  When I switched to the newest official version of FSO (FSO 22.2), the problem went away and Osiris bombers were able to be destroyed normally.  Do you think you could switch to FSO 22.2, or do you want to stay on this path?

-Reminders:  The weak points of Anubis class cruisers are either the reactor subsystem (destroys them) or weapons subsystem (I usually go for reactors but Herkie says destroying weapons will disarm Anubis cruisers). 
The weak point of Hathor corvettes is the weapons subsystem (disarms them).

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
I was simply using what the mod called for without any modifications. If it runs better on 22.2, then that should probably be added to the mod default. I guess I can go manually change the JSON.

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot I could use FSO Settings for a mod in Knossos and manually change what version it uses. Did that, and ready to go for next week, so hopefully the Osiris won't be OP.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 08:22:11 pm by redmagejoe »
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline CT27

Sorry, I'm not 100% familiar with how Knossos works and I thought the FSO build could be changed more simply (I use wxLauncher right now).

Anyways, here's some general plot info some people may have wondered about based on the chat I saw in the video.

-John Richter as of the beginning of TBG is the CO of the GTD Petrarch.  Admiral Petrarch survived AFR (he wanted to go lead the Aquitaine's suicide mission at the end of AFR, but GTVA Command forbade it).  Petrarch passed away of natural causes between AFR and TBG.

-The Horus and Serapis fighters aren't the FS2 versions, they're technically a mk2 variant the Vasudans developed (one might argue they should still have lesser health than they do, but there's at least somewhat of an explanation for why they have a lot more health than in FS2).
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 08:18:12 pm by CT27 »

Offline NickM

I see everyone is still getting the John Richter hype. Ha ha. Well, it's Lt. Commander Courtney Aguilar now. The Protagonist of AFR 2.

Courtney Aguilar? She Spanish?

Offline CT27

When I created the character (this was a few years ago), I was a major follower of college athletics (NCAA Division I Softball in this case).  I used the first name of one of my favorites and combined that randomly with the last name of another favorite of mine, a teammate of hers, from a team I followed.

If we were to combine the ethnicities of these two women into one person, that would make Courtney Aguilar 3/4 white and 1/4 Filipino (I think, as I'm not sure of the exact ethnicities of the two women I got her names from).
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 03:47:19 am by CT27 »

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!

I forgot really. CT27 is the major writer for this campaign and came up with this character as the protagonist for AF2.

From what I know she is a Vegan, born in the Vega system, and of American-Spanish descent.

Oh, EDIT: Yeah, what CT27 said above.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 12:23:12 am by herkie423 »

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Anyone else read that as vegan vegan, before the clarification? 🤣
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline NickM

I was actually thinking you made her Filipina (Just remember from Dr. Who, during world war 4, The Philippine Army was one of the leading superpowers in that war--they helped liberate Helsinki).

Offline CT27

I was actually thinking you made her Filipina.

Assuming I guessed right earlier on the backgrounds of the women I got the names "Courtney" and "Aguilar" from, then Courtney Aguilar is part Filipina (admittedly just one-quarter) ethnically.  Like I said before, Courtney's 3/4 white and 1/4 Filipina (I may not be exactly right, but that's what I'm going with if people ask me Courtney's background).  Or if one wants to keep things simpler rather than dealing with specific fractions, one can just say Courtney is mixed race white/Filipina.

Does that kind of clear things up at least?

P.S.:  Looking forward to this weekend's stream!  It's been great so far.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 02:03:11 am by CT27 »

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Oh, so Courtney is Filipina-American. Damn, CT27, I didn't know that (or maybe I forgot). Ok, that's kind of flattering  :).

EDIT: Remind me of our classic guitarist and singer, Mr. Freddie Aguilar

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Oh, Joe. I will give you a "creator" hint for the second mission in your upcoming stream. This hint is a non-spoiler. The mission "Diamond In The Rough" is very tricky, most of HLP hated me for it. So I will give you the hint after I play it and organize my thoughts. I will post it here and in YouTube before stream 002. Please do listen to the long dialogue lines.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
The bickerings between Courtney and Ben are somewhat corney but they are real life bickerings between me and my ex-wife. Courtney's marriage is in trouble. This may not be significant in the main plot but the "seemingly" love triangle between Courtney, Ben, and Rear Admiral Jennifer Cadeza will escalated in the later mission and there will be a twist. You'll see.

This sub-plot will become part of the main plot. And.... you gotta feel some sympathy for this coulple
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 07:10:44 am by herkie423 »

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
The first mission in your upcoming will be a "story mission" (I have several of those here). While these types of missions have objectives, they don't really matter because the mission is fated to an outcome. You don't have to set your loadouts with this mission, "A Wrong Turn."

A hint also. If the default set up calls for a Raptor, this means there are capital ships that need to be taken care of. And this brings to one of the most tricky mission designs I made, "Diamond In The Rough." There are no spoilers in this hint.

Arm your wings with Maxims and Starfuries and for your ship, Starfury and Blizzard. Take note that Blizzards should not be used by your wingmates. To deal with the cruisers, take out the Navs subs (a dialogue line will say so). This will prevent them to escape. I have placed some random behaviors in this campaign, sort of a tactic that the enemy will choose. Later, an Archania and a 2 Hathors will jump in. Order your bombers to destroy the Archania and you deal with the 2 Hathors by targeting the Weapon Subs. The rest are cruisers and a destroyer and you know how to deal with them.

There's a new type of directive I employ in this campaign. This is "neutralize." It means either destroy or disarm.

Hopefully, you can finish Act 2 in this stream. Happy hunting.

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
I just got notified of a YouTube comment a second time that I couldn't find on the video. Think YouTube is eating your comments.
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube