Author Topic: PlanetSide 2  (Read 23999 times)

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
I remember driving a tank upstairs once, everyone was like: "lol wut?"

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I remember driving a tank upstairs once, everyone was like: "lol wut?"

I get my lightning into places it shouldn't be all the time. Really messes people up when they round a corner and see a tank that by all logic should not have been able to get in... Or rather, the shell they weren't expecting messes them up.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Too bad this game only runs at like 20 fps (guessing, haven't actually checked)... I bet I would do much better if it ran at a proper framerate.

Pressing Alt+F in-game should show you your FPS in the lower-left of your HUD.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Too bad this game only runs at like 20 fps (guessing, haven't actually checked)... I bet I would do much better if it ran at a proper framerate.

Get a better computer or lower the settings.

Pressing Alt+F in-game should show you your FPS in the lower-left of your HUD.

This also tells you what the bottleneck is. Use that to figure out what needs to be faster or turned down.

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor
If your bottleneck is CPU, I've heard from some goons that there's an ini around somewhere that will triple your framerate without sacrificing overall graphics quality.

My bottleneck is GPU, so I haven't gone looking for it, I just need to get around to buying a new graphics card.
Anything worth doing is worth analyzing to death -Iranon

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Settings are already at minimum... well, I've got it fullscreen at min (50%) render quality... maybe if I made it a smaller window at 50% render quality... but bleh

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
If your bottleneck is CPU, I've heard from some goons that there's an ini around somewhere that will triple your framerate without sacrificing overall graphics quality.

My bottleneck is GPU, so I haven't gone looking for it, I just need to get around to buying a new graphics card.

The Ultra Settings config. Works well enough, but triple is an extreme exaggeration.

Settings are already at minimum... well, I've got it fullscreen at min (50%) render quality... maybe if I made it a smaller window at 50% render quality... but bleh

Minimum in-game isn't really minimum. That's what the ini is for.

Anyway, CPU/GPU and which does Alt-F say is the bottleneck?

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Looks like it's usually CPU, and the lowest it normally gets is 20fps... except when it decides to go at like 1fps for just long enough to get me killed, of course.

Often I can never manage to put my reticle on a target... I thought it was the choppiness, but now I notice I'm just having trouble seeing where the reticle is... why can't they just put a ****ing crosshair in the center of the screen, instead of these 4 tick marks that are everywhere BUT where I need them to be in order to put them on my target... yeah yeah, I know the separation of the tick marks indicates how much scatter there will be to my shots, but couldn't they have that in addition to a standard crosshair that actually lets me see where I'm aiming? Grrrrr.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Unlock the red-dot reflex sight.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Looks like it's usually CPU, and the lowest it normally gets is 20fps... except when it decides to go at like 1fps for just long enough to get me killed, of course.

Often I can never manage to put my reticle on a target... I thought it was the choppiness, but now I notice I'm just having trouble seeing where the reticle is... why can't they just put a ****ing crosshair in the center of the screen, instead of these 4 tick marks that are everywhere BUT where I need them to be in order to put them on my target... yeah yeah, I know the separation of the tick marks indicates how much scatter there will be to my shots, but couldn't they have that in addition to a standard crosshair that actually lets me see where I'm aiming? Grrrrr.

Look down the sights.

And as trashman said, get a Reflexer x2, or the Trueshot 3.4, much better then the stock sights. I prefer the Reflexer on all my guns, but somertimes I break out the x6 for my SAW and frustrate snipers.

Oh, and just a heads up,  PS2 is one of those games where you need higher graphical settings to offload work to the GPU; lower graphics settings will actually hurt the CPU sometimes. Try to find a balance in the middle, and turn off shadows fully in the UserOptions.ini. (set it to 0)

I use the 4x zoom on the SAW out in the open, and the 2x zoom red dot for everything else.

Also- NC players of Lithcorp, here's a little something that might get y'all interested:

Friday Night We Go Shootin' Stuff
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Lithcorp? NC?

That's me.

Killing time.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Yeah I can aim fine when I'm looking down the sights, but they can't expect me to play the whole game like that?

Btw I'm VS on Mallory, name is "AkenHBosch"

not sure why i picked Mallory to play on

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
(...) Btw, I'm VS on Mallory, name is "AkenHBosch" (...)

You alone realized that humanity had no future with the Republic. So you initiated the first phase of a new alliance with the Vanu. An alliance in which the future of humanity depends.

I had to, Sorry.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
'Epic fragment'?
You can skip the first 6 minutes of nothing and then have 2 minutes of washed out video quality with action in which it is very hard to see what is actually going on.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I couldn't play on Friday   :(

The "Friday Night... " is going to be a weekly event.

@Spoon: We're mil-sim geeks, we don't enjoy fragfests, but rather plan an operation and then carry it out with a 4 to 1 kill ratio against 4 to 1 odds.

I might get the video in higher quality, the cameraman has a day off today.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Sounds like my kind of unit.