Author Topic: PlanetSide 2  (Read 24004 times)

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Nothing wrong with Vanu
We have cool looking things that go pew pew
You can't argue against pew pew
"No"

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
tr has dakka though and dakka is even better than pew pew

in all seriousness though i'd be inclined to take the vanu more seriously if they weren't all wearing tights

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
No, dakka doesn't do much in this context. TR are the weakest faction. Lowest gun damage, worst accuracy.

Vanu have guns that are redicolously accurate (and powerful)
A combo many rightfully call broken.

I had Vanu engineers/medics snipe me with SMG's. I'm a heavy, with my shields on, I start shooting first. 90% of my bullets miss. 90% of his hit. His bullets do more damage than mine.
RoF means s***.

So yeah.
I fukken hate vanu.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
oh boo hoo look it's someone who can't play tr at all

tr having "weakest" guns means ****

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
Rate of fire means ****? Heh
Get real close and tell me that again (and given how capping works... you'll be very close very often)

When I see red enemies coming towards me, I keep my damned distance
"No"

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
^ yes. this post tells the truth.

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
90% of his hit. His bullets do more damage than mine.

Forgot to quote this
This statement makes me laugh because you're attributing more damage to more bullets hitting the target

Are you expecting 10% of your bullets to do more than 90% of his? That's just silly
Don't forget to account for headshots because chances are, you were hit by a few. Afterall, we have accuracy and projectile speed.

As for us wearing tights, well you know what, it shows off our asses and that **** be tight!
If we run out of bullets, we can run interference by showing the goods
"Yeah, look at this twerk. LOOK AT IT"
*NC/TR Sniper* "What in the ****"
"No"

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
I don't know man. That's more of a distraction tactic than anything else - everyone who sees you twerking will likely concentrate all of their firepower on you out of contempt.  :P

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
And it will be their downfall! Mine too, but my female character will go out with a bang
You cannot resist the power of my tight buns
"No"

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
oh boo hoo look it's someone who can't play tr at all

tr having "weakest" guns means ****

Oh I play TR and I'm doign good, thank you for asking.

It's because when plyaing TR you *HAVE* to be good and actually depend more on teamplay.

Rate of fire means ****? Heh
Get real close and tell me that again (and given how capping works... you'll be very close very often)

Jackhammer to your face sez that your minigun with overdrive module doesn't get to do S****.
Oh, it's great when it spools up to speed. Too bad it's rare it gets to.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
And it will be their downfall! Mine too, but my female character will go out with a bang
You cannot resist the power of my tight buns

My bullet can.
Your buns can't resist my bullet tough.

thatsthejoke.apng
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
Jackhammer to your face sez that your minigun with overdrive module doesn't get to do S****.
Oh, it's great when it spools up to speed. Too bad it's rare it gets to.

You're comparing the close range capabilities of a minigun...
...to a shotgun?

Of bloody course the jackhammer is going to outperform close range
It's a damned shotgun
"No"

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
my point --------->

your head     0

Or is that not the perfect example of RoF meaning jack s*** when the first enemy "bullet" kills you?
So yeah. RoF... not all that cracked up to be. It's situational and requires you to live long enough to put enough bullets in an enemy in the first place.

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
It isn't a perfect example because you're taking something that was meant to kill close range and comparing it to something that was more for suppressive fire. Two miniguns against one another is better example of how firerate can get you the advantage.

Sidenote: Try spooling the gun before heading around a corner. Most people are predictable in their positions that you can have a full spool going into their face before they know what's happening when you round the corner. Not a facetious comment, just a thing I've noticed TR players doing at times
"No"

You can also keep minigun-type weapons in most games continuously spooled just by cycling the trigger on and off just before it reaches the firing point.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Eh, for any kind of sneaky Light Assault gameplay Vanu and NC take the cake by far. The extra ammo in the clip is nice on the TR side, but I've gotten to the point with my Gauss Compast S and Solstice that I know exactly how many bullets it takes to kill and waste none. The result is 2-3 kills per reload, even with the 30-round mag.

In my style of gameplay it's better to kill by suprise than it is to win in a fair fight, so the higher damage output of the Gauss and the higher accuracy of the Solstice both mean I'm more likely to kill them before they react. Plus both the Vanu and NC Lights can be made nearly perfectly black with the right cammo, making them nearly impossible to spot or identify at night. I've actually ran into enemy bases without getting shot before, right up until they see the point being capped.

I can agree with Trashman though, I fear the Vanu and NC way more than the TR. Vanu can kill me from range while moving easily, a tactic I use to my own advantage from time to time. As for the NC... if they are in proper range, you are dead before you can react to the first bullet. But the TR? Unless you're in a building (ScatMAX FTW), you can usually get away with at least some of your shield left and come back at them later.

And oh man, Lockdown prowlers, talk about C4 bait. Free XP to any experianced LA, and a lot of it. I love picking on the TR, regardless of which faction I'm playing as.  :p
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
Now that's a better argument. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not disagreeing with the fact NC weapons kill with less bullets and Vanu's accuracy is damned good. I'm just disagreeing with RoF meaning ****.

However I have a question: Why is it the TR always seem to have the numbers? There has been so many occasions where I'm in a screwed situation with all the TR in the world riding down upon me over a hill (where it's 1:5 soldiers). Never really have that problem with the NC

Course, I've found the NC to be most... disorganized... at the best of times

regardless of which faction I'm playing as.  :p

So you're a team killer at times eh! :P
"No"

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
That's really funny, because for me, TR's always been the ones who are outnumbered, but we usually have better organization on a more frequent basis, and we end up pushing back forces 2-3 times our size.  :lol:

It's amazing.

All this talk is making me want to pick up the rifle again and jet-pack some dudes.