Author Topic: PlanetSide 2  (Read 24001 times)

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
So, naturally, you had to post said NSFW picture here.

Good job.
well, I made it impossible to accidentally click and marked it as NSFW, :\
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Lol, never noticed that. I kinda liked this game for not seeing tits everywhere for once :lol: I even had female character. Until I heard the voice..

The voice is why I don't play on my own account/characters anymore :(

But, not using my account enabled me to experience the joy of the lightning's HE gun. Its got rocket-pods beat by a mile for the whole cert-farming ordeal, and no one whispers you to ***** and whine when you kill them with it. :D
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I went with the HEAT Python on the Lightning, works OK vs infantry and needs 2 shots to mess up an MBT when hitting it in the a.... uh, I mean in the rear.

Now grinding for the 150 mm AP Titan for the Vanguard so I could duke it out with the heavy stuff.
I trialed that gun, about 4 shots blow up a Sundy (3 AP rounds plus one or two HEAT shells fired from the Vanguard next to me got it). Another player I talked with said that 3 hits defeat a Prowler.

P.S. Missed quite a few things since the last visit here...

P.P.S. Anyone here an NC on Lithcorp?
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
I really like Planetside 2, even though my gaming laptop runs it at low settings *still high resolution* 50-60% render settings. Darn GTX 460. Oh Well.

Anywho, Fighting with my steam friend on Jaeger, New Conglomerate. Likin' the Reaver, strafin' those Sundy's and tanks are heck a of a lot more fun then the Lib.

Edit: PS2 In game name is: BastionOrion, if anyone is interested. :P
A small voice in my head tells me they are have followed us here in the Milky Way. They follow us until we are dead at their feet. We are nomands of the stars, no longer the race that was loved by the Great Elders. My name is Kyral and this is my story of survival.

There is no sanctuary for us, in this Universe. We will fight the Terror for one last time on this Shining World. May the Transcendent judge us kindly in the Life Stream.

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
I really like Planetside 2, even though my gaming laptop runs it at low settings *still high resolution* 50-60% render settings. Darn GTX 460. Oh Well.

Anywho, Fighting with my steam friend on Jaeger, New Conglomerate. Likin' the Reaver, strafin' those Sundy's and tanks are heck a of a lot more fun then the Lib.

I have not been able to figure out how to fly the Reaver sucessfully.  I have zero problems with the Galaxy, and can handle a Liberator, but no fighters for me.  Of course, it probably didn't help that my computer fan died again, so until that is fixed I have yet to see the game run in a decent frames-per-second.

I'm also NC on the Jaegur server, by the way.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam

I have not been able to figure out how to fly the Reaver sucessfully.  I have zero problems with the Galaxy, and can handle a Liberator, but no fighters for me.  Of course, it probably didn't help that my computer fan died again, so until that is fixed I have yet to see the game run in a decent frames-per-second.

I'm also NC on the Jaegur server, by the way.

It's not all that hard. Treat it like FSO, but with insane roll and almost no yaw.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
This game looks like a decent amount of fun, but I don't think I'd have any hope of running it on here.  Plus I need a new gaming addiction like I need another hole in the head. :p

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
So the Engineer's anti-tank mines are about the best thing ever.  You can set them up somewhere, switch to a different class, go off and do something else on the opposite side of the map, and boom you get rewarded for a Sunderer or Main Battle Tank kill, with the occupants not getting a chance to bail out.  (Deploying them right next to a parked enemy vehicle also works if you can get in that close)  Apparently they only vanish if you log off or decide to deploy mines elsewhere - otherwise they can just sit there for hours, waiting for an unsuspecting vehicle.

They also are expensive at 75 infantry resources each (you carry 2 of them), and you need both of them to instakill most vehicles (put them right next to each other.)  But at least it gives you a use for your infantry resources, and the results are soooo worth the 100 cert points to unlock them.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 08:34:07 am by Alex Heartnet »

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I... might have to try that once. Sounds awesome. Need to get the certs in the first place though.

Does the Lightning also require 2 mines? I only remember one big boom when I drove over something recently... :P

I also finished grinding for the 150 mm Titan firing AP shells, gets the job done- not really tested yet (I'll update the "5 tips for tanks" thread when one of my outfit buddies grabs a Vanguard with the HEAT gun and we shoot each other- thread here), so I can't really tell just how much better it is against armor.

Instant kills vs infantry with a direct hit are fun too.

The Vanguard also got the M12 Kobalt .50 cal machine gun, scares planes away and tears infantry apart nearly as instantly as the main gun.
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
double XP until 2nd of Jan, aww yiss
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Does the Lightning also require 2 mines? I only remember one big boom when I drove over something recently... :P

I'm fairly sure the Lightning would only take one, as I had the misfortune of coming across one in my Vanguard the other day. Lost about 60% health, hard to see the papertank surviving that.
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Einstine909 convinced me I should try this game.

What do I do once it finishes downloading the additional 2675 MB that wasn't downloaded by Steam?

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
Einstine909 convinced me I should try this game.

What do I do once it finishes downloading the additional 2675 MB that wasn't downloaded by Steam?

The launcher has a link to a bunch of tutorial videos.  Definately a good place to start.

OR.  Planetside 2 - The Absolute Basics (feat. TotalBiscut)

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
It's a MMO, which means it's idiot-compatible, which means you should be able to learn everything by just running around and shooting friendly headshots. I know I was.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Oh. I saw the thing about the tutorials, but the description made it sound like "how to get skillz" rather than "how to start", so I didn't click it.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Depending on your taste, they might feel a bit cheesy, but they're done pretty well and go into some useful details.

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
So apparently the Flash is even more awesome then I first thought.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/the-flash-shaken-not-stirred.70507/

With the right sidegrades, you can even fight inside buildings with it!

Offline technopredator

• Does not compute
  • Don't get mad, consequences are revenging you.
I play in Jaeger US East, Vanu, Heavy Assault, free game/only certs, lvl 19, joined like a week ago, using IObit Game Booster v3.4 and disabling some services and applications I can run the game fine setting graphics and lights to high and the rest to medium except shadows and another setting (taht I don't remember) to low, I get about 17-20 fps on my ATI HD4670 setting the drivers to high quality on most setting, letting applications control AA and An. filtering, my CPU is a AMD Phenom II X4 3.4 Ghz no OC, 2x4GB DDR3-1333 . My ping is high 170-230, so I get lag killed a lot but when i find another laggy player is a nice duel :) .

What I like most about it is the realistic sounds and attenuation over the distance and the environment that forms in battles: the realistic damage, explosions, movement and scale are just very immersive, I wanted to play a game with a really good feel of a "real" battle like the ones in: 'Saving private Ryan', 'The Pacific' or 'Band of brothers' and for me, this was it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 03:16:00 am by technopredator »

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Limited view cone on Flash is incredibly annoying. Why can't I look around farther than the range the turret can aim? And the way terrain can affect the steering is really annoying too.  :mad: