Author Topic: PlanetSide 2  (Read 24003 times)

Limited view cone on Flash is incredibly annoying. Why can't I look around farther than the range the turret can aim? And the way terrain can affect the steering is really annoying too.  :mad:

Try in third person. I don't really drive the Flash, but pressing T in a Sundy gives a full 360 field of view.
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Nope. I can see a little further behind me, but I still can't turn to look to the side or behind.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I may have to try this out
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Being mainly a Reaver pilot myself, I learned early on that T is your best friend in a vehicle. It drops the often extremely obtrusive cockpit/HUD displays which are, unless aiming a weapon, mostly useless. What I'd really like implemented in ground vehicles, mostly the Flash as said before, is a free-look like that in aircraft. Granted, this isn't terribly useful in turreted positions, but in others it could be a life saver.
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Game is interesting. But it takes FORVER to unlock anything.

Been playing for 2 days and I still don't have enough to unlock even a single rifle. Let alone all the other attachments and additons.

Pricy game. but fun.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 07:15:26 am by TrashMan »

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Things liek this seriously piss me off.

I'm a sucker for gattling guns, yet only the Terran Republic has them...and I don't like their visual armor style - especially for their MAX units.
On the other hand I love NC's visaul design of units and armors, but they have shotguns and not miniguns. And I don't like shotguns.

Not to mention that the prices for the weapons required to extend infantry's effectiveness to AV and AA roles are usually the highest in the entire game (1000 certs just for one burster cannon....)
~Nighteyes

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Not to mention that the prices for the weapons required to extend infantry's effectiveness to AV and AA roles are usually the highest in the entire game (1000 certs just for one burster cannon....)

You also get a burster cannon stock.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Unfortunately a single burster on its own does little more than annoy anything other than an exceptionally incompetently-piloted fighter.
~Nighteyes

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Unfortunately a single burster on its own does little more than annoy anything other than an exceptionally incompetently-piloted fighter.

And that why you're supposed to play with friends.

Being mainly a Reaver pilot myself, I learned early on that T is your best friend in a vehicle. It drops the often extremely obtrusive cockpit/HUD displays which are, unless aiming a weapon, mostly useless. What I'd really like implemented in ground vehicles, mostly the Flash as said before, is a free-look like that in aircraft. Granted, this isn't terribly useful in turreted positions, but in others it could be a life saver.
Try formation flight without the HUD- no altitude, no speed, coordination is no longer "Let's fly to the WP at altitude 500 and speed 120" (or saying the same thing using purely pilot language), especially with a spread of 50-100 meters between planes to perform a Thach Weave if the need arises.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Try formation flight without the HUD- no altitude, no speed, coordination is no longer "Let's fly to the WP at altitude 500 and speed 120" (or saying the same thing using purely pilot language), especially with a spread of 50-100 meters between planes to perform a Thach Weave if the need arises.

I would use T more......... If the view rotated with the aircraft.

But nope, it stays level with the ground, so all it does when doing more then cruising to the next place you need to go is get you crashed.

So with the new patch and bounty system I got a 650-ish kill on a Sundy today, with a single "extreme priority target" on board.

AP shell velocity was also buffed for the Prowler and Vanguard (especially the V), so now shooting planes is even easier- and it's a pretty good business since quite often the crew is worth 150-350 each.
In fact the Vanguard's big gun firing AP ammo is now an overgrown sniper rifle, slowly beginning to score head shots with it...

Who's playing in outfits, what are their names?
I'm the founder and leader of the Redneck Hillbillies of Auraxis [RHA] on the Lithcorp server.

I don't currently have one, but would be up for one that doesn't expect a whole lot. SolTech, US EAST.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I got a character on Lithcorp.... NC..or was it TR? Hm...will have to check.

Offline technopredator

• Does not compute
  • Don't get mad, consequences are revenging you.
It's a game that you're suppose to play over many months, like any other MMOG, so certs I think they're OK, I feel your pain but it what it takes to be in PS2, 1000 certs are not that much when you get BR 30 or so, you need to learn the game before worrying about certs, tactics/strategy, follow a group and be a team player re things that need practice, certs will come along, also 250 XP=1 cert.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Finally got the certs and got a grenade launcher for my ****ty ATV!

Limited view and fire angle is still as annoying as ever, but totally worth it for the surprise factor of an ATV coming through the second-floor doorway of control point A in a watchtower and blowing you away with a grenade launcher :D

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
How the hell do you get a Sunderer on the second floor?

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
How the hell do you get a Sunderer on the second floor?

Drive up the stairs.

Or do it my way; carry it on the back of a Galaxy to the intended destination.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Not a Sunderer, a Flash.

And yes, drive it up the stairs.