Author Topic: Interface art  (Read 38463 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
K, I was more specifically asking what the mouse over effects would look like, not what kind there would be.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Deckard

• DECK-A-R&D
Just one more thingie on that button to the left:  You might improve it a little by reducing the dirty texx a bit or by putting some more of grey into it. Not enough visible IMO.

Other than that, and for the lack of a better word.. perfect ! :)
-------------------------------
Deckard a.k.a The Silencer

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Working ingame. I had to add another text field thingy thanks to original FS2 interface being weird, but that's no biggie.

So... what should I do next? :)

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
While I was at it... splash screen.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Options screen :nod:. You're going to have to do it eventually, and all those little buttons and lights might be reuseable later.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
I think I'm gonna leave options last, it was a total nightmare the last time  :P

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Do you have a render of the pilot select screen background alone? I might take a shot at making a splash screen, though yours works.

As for a suggestion for the next screen:
Barracks/Pilot options?

Also, since these are all being modeled, maybe Slayer should do some concepts for medals?

My suggestion would be using them like achievements: Having two medals per release. One being a "I beat this campaign with this pilot" the other being when you complete all bonus objectives.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Did anyone else find PLEASE WAIT being written on the "Pilot Roster" the slightest bit weird/contradictory?

Would "UPLOADING ROSTER" or some variation make a bit more sense?

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
The text is easy enough so change, so maybe yea.

Offline A2597

first off, that looks absolutely amazing. Great work, and I love it. The lighting, textures, etc are excellent.

Now, my views of it as a graphic artist. :D

My one and only concern with it is the screen for the "Single" and "multi" buttons. They compleatly blend in with their surroundings.

Now, this may be a moot point with it in action, the text under it, mouseovers, etc. I can't really tell all those from a static image.  But without the text, it needs contrast. Not much, maybe just 5 to 10% darker than the surroundings.

Again, great work man!

first off, that looks absolutely amazing. Great work, and I love it. The lighting, textures, etc are excellent.

Now, my views of it as a graphic artist. :D

My one and only concern with it is the screen for the "Single" and "multi" buttons. They compleatly blend in with their surroundings.

Now, this may be a moot point with it in action, the text under it, mouseovers, etc. I can't really tell all those from a static image.  But without the text, it needs contrast. Not much, maybe just 5 to 10% darker than the surroundings.

Again, great work man!

The single/multi buttons look fine to me. I think maybe you mean the "New Player" and "Clone Player" buttons, the ones on the bottom left? That's my opinion, anyways.

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
I was worried about button visibility too, but to be honest the problem is pretty much nonexistant ingame. The text labels near the buttons identify them nicely and the highlight effect finishes the job.

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
I'd have thought the cloning option would only be available on the basestar pilot roster ;)
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
And this my friends is why I hate the rigid FS2 interface. It wastes space on ridiculous things (that massive upper screen is reserved for the list of campaigns you can play), forces me to use it's button positioning down to pixel and thus utterly destroys any attempt I make at creating a visually coherrent and appealing interface.

Yea yea, there are a few things still amiss with this one, like the metal poking through the campaign description field and too bright reflections on the screens. I'll get those fixed when I can bother.

Can you tell I'm a bit pissed?

Offline TESLA

• 1.21 gigawatts!

Yea yea, there are a few things still amiss with this one, like the metal poking through the campaign description field and too bright reflections on the screens. I'll get those fixed when I can bother.

me thinks you need to go out for a few beers!  :yes:
In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced
to talk to God.

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Likewise.

Offline TESLA

• 1.21 gigawatts!
Likewise.

two hours............party, party, party..................hangover
In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced
to talk to God.

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
And this my friends is why I hate the rigid FS2 interface. It wastes space on ridiculous things (that massive upper screen is reserved for the list of campaigns you can play), forces me to use it's button positioning down to pixel and thus utterly destroys any attempt I make at creating a visually coherrent and appealing interface.

I like the overall layout, but I think that the grill texture should be used sparingly. Have some more regular metal over the grill sections so the grills pop in to add some more detail in areas but aren't overwhelming?
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Yea, I was thinking of breaking it up with some misc detailing. I'll have to think about it.

And Ace man, drop by irc more often. Easier to discuss these things there  :)