Author Topic: Ray normals?  (Read 2433 times)

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
I was just opening FRED with WoD to compare some of the ships, and noticed something odd about the normals (I guess) on the Ray fighters. I have one sun, placed in its default position, but the Ray fighters seem to be lit from 90 degrees to the left (on their nine o'clock, that is). This seems to only happen with the Ray but I'm going to look at some other ships to see if it happens to them as well. Seems to me the normals are rotated 90 degrees.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I shall blame the max exporter, because I can.
But watch spoon come in and maintain that it isn't, and that the issue is from something else.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I was just opening FRED with WoD to compare some of the ships, and noticed something odd about the normals (I guess) on the Ray fighters. I have one sun, placed in its default position, but the Ray fighters seem to be lit from 90 degrees to the left (on their nine o'clock, that is). This seems to only happen with the Ray but I'm going to look at some other ships to see if it happens to them as well. Seems to me the normals are rotated 90 degrees.
Certainly, the lighting looks off (I never noticed before cause I never turn on lighting from suns in fred). I'm not really sure what causes it. The Ray's were the first fighters I ever modelled and this was more then over a year ago. I probably did something different(/wrong) back then when I made the normals (or the model, I dunno)

As far as I can tell, the other models are fine
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them