Hosted Projects - Standalone > WoD Archive

About mission design

<< < (2/10) > >>

Snail:
I actually... Didn't like the giant furball missions that became pretty frequent towards the end. The giant Nordera dogfight seemed especially pointless since I was killing random waves of fighters launched by random untargetable battleaxes.

I don't know if this counts as a 'type' of mission, but I didn't really like a one or two of the missions with the Prometheus frame. It felt like sitting in an armored car, shooting at protesters while getting sticks and stones thrown at you.

The mission after you rescue the Cordi queen and have to run for the node was epic. I liek'd.

General Battuta:

--- Quote from: Darius on October 10, 2010, 10:12:18 am ---I had the most enjoyment from the atmospheric high-altitude mission, the one with the fleet disabled by EMP and the asteroid gauntlet :D

I found the disabled ship protection mission the least enjoyable, and would like to see less of those type of missions in all campaigns, forever.

--- End quote ---

I second this list.

Snail:
Oh yeah, the asteroid gauntlet was very cool.

Darius:
Though thinking about it again, I wonder if the enjoyment factor was due to the novelty of those missions, and whether they'd lose their effect the second time round (In which case you'll just have to think up some new mission types all over again :P)

To be honest, I'd be happy with the same banquet of mission types in the sequel all over again...those were some pretty fun missions overall.

-Norbert-:
I quite liked the mix.
And while I liked the atmospheric mission in terms of atmosphere (as in the feeling of the mission... not the airbubble around the planet.... stupid language using one word for two things!) I didn't like the reduced manouverbility of that particular Ray-III variant.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version