Hosted Projects - Standalone > WoD Archive

Biology

<< < (4/11) > >>

Spoon:

--- Quote from: NGTM-1R on December 01, 2010, 10:22:31 am ---It's all Spoon's fault for not thinking it through!

:P

--- End quote ---
I apologize for not having a major in biology 
And you should know by now that I'm more than willing to put realism aside if it suits my purposes :p

General Battuta:
If the two species are not only capable of hybridization, but fertile hybridization, the genetic similarities must be pretty striking, with probably less than the equivalent of 5 million years of divergence. The somatic similarities attest to this as well.

Makes me wonder about either common ancestry or convergent design - but the Cyrvans hardly biomodified themselves, so I wonder if there's a shared origin somewhere upstream.

NGTM-1R:
There appears to be a missing post.

--- Quote from: Spoon on December 01, 2010, 10:46:33 am ---I apologize for not having a major in biology 
And you should know by now that I'm more than willing to put realism aside if it suits my purposes :p

--- End quote ---

Hey, I'm cool with that, but don't look surprised when you get called on it. :P If you have to go "lulzcreatorfiat" that's valid enough...well, to a point. We're still short of it, it's cool. :P

--- Quote from: General Battuta on December 01, 2010, 10:48:39 am ---Makes me wonder about either common ancestry or convergent design - but the Cyrvans hardly biomodified themselves, so I wonder if there's a shared origin somewhere upstream.

--- End quote ---

Well, you might recall that Dawn was biomodified based on, apparently, an alien being kept on Luna, and get mighty suspicious.

General Battuta:

--- Quote ---Well, you might recall that Dawn was biomodified based on, apparently, an alien being kept on Luna, and get mighty suspicious.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, that was the theory I tossed at Spoon a couple seconds ago on the WoD dev channel. But he's silent on the topic.

Spoon:

--- Quote from: Maar, hybrid destroyer from starcraft 2 ---"Some secrets must remain hidden"
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: NGTM-1R ---There appears to be a missing post.
--- End quote ---
Yeah that got posted after I split. I deleted it because it followed the path of "on the person" instead of "on the ball" (Yes, I realize Battuta is quilty of this too).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version