Author Topic: The beauty of white space  (Read 3092 times)

Offline Nabla

The beauty of white space
This time i will at same time show a funy bug that i have. This is the cutscene of vega blockade.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It's funny that only changing the color of space make strange. Maybe it will give a idea to a develloper for whiter space that is no a bug.

For the bug, i have this bug in windows but no in linux. In linux i have other bug (This is cross platform playing). This bug is no a big problem for playing, the only problem is that beam are hard to see, and missile are hard to see. But it's completly playable.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: The beauty of white space
It's not a bug. That's your video card not handling the skybox texctures correctly.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Nabla

In this case why does it work in linux and not in Windows? On the same computer. A problem with different driver?

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!

Would be a nice game style if the LSF ships are black.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
It's not a bug. That's your video card not handling the skybox texctures correctly.
Yes this.
I failed in checking each skybox, the one used in the last missions is 4096x2048 and not every video card can handle that (I should have taken note of this with my own laptop, which didn't display the skybox correctly either)

There was someone else who had the same issue and I uploaded a fix for him then. Unforunately I threw that on rapidshare so that link is dead now.
I'll find and upload it for you tomorrow.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Nabla

Tank you for the fast responce. It was a strange sensation to pilot in a white space.

I doesn't understand why it work in linux without problem but no in windows... A problem with the drivers surely.

I failed in checking each skybox, the one used in the last missions is 4096x2048 and not every video card can handle that (I should have taken note of this with my own laptop, which didn't display the skybox correctly either)

It is normal to have problem with somes hardward like laptop. So it's not a faillure, only a bug or problem normal in a program.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Nabla

Thank you it work. It's completly different to fly with the visual. And see ennemy weapon.