Author Topic: Inferno 10th Anniversary Announcement  (Read 72128 times)

Re: Inferno 10th Anniversary Announcement
Okay... I just got back into freespace 2, got it from GOG (disk died finally.)   :(  I got the turley installer, finally got it to run, and I have an INF1 folder, with the INF_2patch.vp.  Am I up to date on inferno releases?  When I last played, there was just inferno R1 and sol, a history, so I'm quite confused with all this INFSA, alliance, and R2 stuff, since I can't seem to find a download link on the main page.

Sorry to be such a bother.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
None of the new stuff has been released. INFR1 is all that's out so far.

My advice would be to play other mods and wait for the upgraded INFR1 to be ready.

Oh.  I read on the first page that R2 was out, with completion of the main story, and on the campaign list on the wiki, it said Alliance was out.  my bad.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
That's right, Alliance is out (though frankly I don't think it's all that great  :nervous:). But where did you get the idea R2 was released on the main page? It says 'announced', not 'released'.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
To be honest, I thought the announcement was a release too :P
My initial post in this thread read "Grats on the release!" before I ninja'd it to "Cool!"
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
My initial post in this thread read "Grats on the release!" before I ninja'd it to "Cool!"

dude you're on the inferno team  :blah:

That's right, Alliance is out (though frankly I don't think it's all that great  :nervous:). But where did you get the idea R2 was released on the main page? It says 'announced', not 'released'.

I was looking at the forums (I had a vague memory that that was where the real action was) and the first post of this topic does say announcment, not release, but given the thread title said announce, and the first word was announce, I got the idea you were announcing a release, not releasing an announcement.  Sorry.

Just playing through the fs1 port now, then I'll do SAH and a few of the intermediary campaigns, then the main FS2, then blue planet or something. 

I love SAH though.  Easily my favorite.  High command is actually intelligent and the whole thing is very well written.

Heh.  Here's how much I like the inferno releases-- I was playing the FS2 campaign a year or so ago (last time I got into the game) and I started wondering when the nemesis would show up, and why the sol troopers hadn't appeared yet.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?

dude you're on the inferno team  :blah:

I wasn't when this was first announced. :P
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Oh. So I wasn't the only one who thought that. Back then I was scratching my head wondering where the heck I can download the new release. It took me a while to release there was no new release. Talk about misleading topic title and post. :p

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog

So did I. When I first saw the highlight and was in the process of spamming the Facebook wall, just before submitting my post, I tried to find a download for it, but I couldn't, so I took a closer look and realised that it was only an announcement, not an announcement and a release, so I changed the contents of my post accordingly.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Same here. I actually posted 'downloading!' and rushed to the RR1 page to see the downloads section empty. Then the 'Announcement' part kicked in.
Talk about tunnel vision!
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
If we had released it, there'd be a bit more pimping going on over the place including probably a topic in the campaigns forum just to get everybodys attention, so don't worry you won't miss the release :)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Yeah I was looking for a d/l link too.. IDK if I'd actually play it, but it seems a must have for when I eventually get around to playing again (hopefully soon!).

Offline mralexs

• I'm White and Nerdy
man, i wish i could d/l this.....

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well the people working on it can, the rest of you will have to wait a bit longer till its done.

Offline Molaris

will we get to use ships from regular FS2 with this mod? and any idea on a release date?!?
"Hey, Mike, you think you can toss me my calculations? Thanks! Ah, here it is: "Breach Hull - All Die." Even had it underlined!" -Crow T. Robot-

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Since we saw a Deimos on progress vids/screens, you can assume some Capella-era ships are still in service. Whether or not there are still Capella-era fighters and you'll have the occasion of flying em is another matter entirely.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
Last I checked the Boanerges is still around but just about everything else has been replaced as far as fighters and bombers go. There might be a couple of Capella era vasudan fighters and bombers around but I'm not sure if they will be available to the player or not. As far as a release date, the goal as stated on the first page of this thread is to have it ready by the end of the year. Whether or not that is still likely to happen I'll let Woomeister or Rampage answer as I don't know enough about what is left to be done to answer that myself.
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
If the Boa is still around, what about the Sabus?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Nope, no Sabus, there are other bombers though. The Artemis DH is still around too from FS2.