Hosted Projects - Standalone > Wings of Dawn

Old Reviews and Feedback thread Episode 1

<< < (4/9) > >>

Eratharon:
Review Time! (So spoilers)

The moment I saw this I downloaded it then played it through. It was awesome.

This really looks like Wings of Dawn in a way that Dawn is the protagonist of the campaign. Well Episode one at least. The characters are loveable for me: I liked that their names represent them very well like how Justice is portrayed as a "goody two-shoes" guy and Tempest as a temperamental woman. I wonder who Swifty is though.

The storyline was interesting though certainly different from the original. I don't know which one I like more. I am leaning towards the original since it's a little more complete than this but that may very well change when this gets finished. I wonder what you'll make out of Dawn being a "Cosmic Horror" huehuehue. I would like to ask, will you bring back other characters from the original Wod?

The missions were good in a way that on normal it was challenging but not on a frustrating level. My favourite was when you mine the asteroids and detonate them on by one. What I really liked was that when you are choosing your weapons there are no weapon models but screenshots! I often forget the names of the weapons I use in user created campaigns and only remember how they look so this helped me lots! Macross Missile Massacre FTW!

The visual novel style worked for me because I read some of those already. It fleshes out the universe in a way that you don't have to go to the Techroom for info. Character interactions are done well also.

The ships look awesome and are distinct. The character portraits are also well done (though Justice is a little iffy :p). Soundtrack is very similar like the other WoD so no complaints there.

The only negative I could find was performance but I think it's more on my end than yours. I got only one crash when I watched the Human/Cyrvan battle feed but the second time I did it went through it without a hitch.

All in all I enjoyed it extremely. I would recommend this campaign to anyone. It is a bit on the short side but which good campaign is ever long enough when you want to play it forever.

Spoon:
Cheers for the reviews :)

Phantom Hoover:
10/10 a masterpiece — PH, after getting to blow up cyrvans

LoneFan:

Spoiler: Spoiler: I hope Swifty and Axem survived that battle so they can be part of the triumphant return of the HARD LIGHT SQUADRON.

NGTM-1R:
Okay so I'm about to head up to Palomar for stuff, but I promised I'd babble about this, so babble I shall.

When naming a new pilot for Wings of Dawn, you must ask yourself one question: What Would Misuzu Do? And then you name yourself TheRedComet and put on your Earth Attack Force jacket.

OH GOD THERE'S A CUSTOM MAINHALL. I love you already, Spoon. And you've added a...custom feature to the custom mainhall? Ship logs? I shall have to investigate further when I return from the mountain.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version