Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > The FRED Workshop

Lost in the Mist, a FreeSpace 2 short side campaign

<< < (3/8) > >>

Colonol Dekker:
As a very strong suggestion, please conduct your own playtesting before release to avoid negative feedback.   Take note of some o the highlighted issues such as
-boredom
-lack of fun
-lack of defined objectives
-no joy

And please be your own worst critic when you play before release, rectify boring missions where nothing happens for minutes at a time without context, it will only benefit your campaigns reception by the community.

Nightmare:

--- Quote from: Bryan See on December 09, 2019, 11:22:21 am ---
--- Quote from: Nightmare on December 09, 2019, 10:30:56 am ---I was reffering to the initial mod anyway, haven't tried the other one.

--- End quote ---
You'd better get the updated one, and let me know.

--- End quote ---

Sure but I don't have time for that right now.

Bryan See:

--- Quote from: Colonol Dekker on December 09, 2019, 12:54:25 pm ---As a very strong suggestion, please conduct your own playtesting before release to avoid negative feedback.   Take note of some o the highlighted issues such as
-boredom
-lack of fun
-no joy

And please be your own worst critic when you play before release, rectify boring missions where nothing happens for minutes at a time without context, it will only benefit your campaigns reception by the community.

--- End quote ---

I love to do that. And that's why my projects have, time and again, shown a proven tendency to undergo drastic changes well into development all this time, due to these as you pointed out. Yet, Nightmare praised me of my use of fade-out SEXPs, which I'll use to maximal effect to partially address the aforementioned issues.

Furthermore, my playtesting is hampered due to technical issues. Most laptops have outdated graphics drivers, and one desktop (which generate a lot of heat and eats more power sadly) suffered a hang and an unexpected shutdown despite a graphics card change back in September.

Nightmare:

--- Quote from: Colonol Dekker on December 09, 2019, 12:54:25 pm ----boredom
-lack of fun
-no joy

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Bryan See on December 09, 2019, 01:40:14 pm ---Yet, Nightmare praised me of my use of fade-out SEXPs, which I'll use to maximal effect to partially address the aforementioned issues.

--- End quote ---

Bryan See:

--- Quote from: Nightmare on December 09, 2019, 02:37:51 pm ---
--- Quote from: Colonol Dekker on December 09, 2019, 12:54:25 pm ----boredom
-lack of fun
-no joy

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Bryan See on December 09, 2019, 01:40:14 pm ---Yet, Nightmare praised me of my use of fade-out SEXPs, which I'll use to maximal effect to partially address the aforementioned issues.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
What do you mean? I wanted to maximise the use of fade-out SEXPS to try to address the issues of boredom, lack of fun, lack of defined objectives, and no joy whatsoever in my future projects.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version