Author Topic: Released Campaigns to Knossos Project  (Read 4510 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Released Campaigns to Knossos Project
Wow, I didn't realize Ascension of Beyond actually had a release.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
@Nightmare, I've got those files. Thanks! I've added them to the list.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
There is also a campaign/mod (VeniceMirror) that is rather recent but still predates Knossos popularity. At some point it was uploaded by Novachen but taken down since.

I never took it down.

But well, you never should mention my name here. I got way too much hate for any bugfixing campaign release by me that kills much of my will of participation in this community.
I never really felt really welcome here in the first place. I am a evil female.

I am sure that these releases here will be much more appreciated because they come from a more popular user.
And because of this, i will take down VeniceMirror after it got another rerelease in course of this project here. It is the least what is left.  :)
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Wow, I didn't realize Ascension of Beyond actually had a release.

I was probably the only person to still have the files ever since I got them in 2009 :lol:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jx91v2tqz12l2v0/VolitionWatch_Missions.7z/file

Folder structure:
_FS1_Campaigns - Most are raw (FS1 missions)/dublicates of the already FS2ed campaigns, but not all.
_Missions_FS1 - Uncoverted single FS1 missions
_Missions_FS2 - Single FS2 missions; including the VA for Crossing the Line. Other folders are Multiplayer missions, and "Random" contains what appears to be tech demos from the retail era.

Main folder is FS2 retail campaigns, ~half of them is already uploaded but it might be interesting to check for version numbers.

Note: Filename might be misleading, not all of them are from VW

Hope to see more of these campaigns on Knossos soon and that most of them are complete stories

on your list is already aveble some of them like storm front revenge is also buzy by nova
got all converted already
i have pakeges of all fsmission converted

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
I have added to Knossos 158th Banshee Squadron and Ghosts of Valor. I have fixed any debug errors, and made them work with modern build but have not otherwise restored these campaigns.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

What if another great war already on it
Boomerang

Stormfront too did you check correctly

Offline Admiral Nelson

Casualties of War and Casualties of War 2 are now available. As before, I have fixed any debug errors, and made them work with modern builds but have not otherwise restored these campaigns.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Admiral Nelson

Alcibades' Gamble is now available on Knossos. I have fixed any debug errors, corrected an issue with the cutscene subtitles and added Orion nameplates that work with the current MVPs.

New campaigns

Offline Admiral Nelson

Tides of Darkness is now available on Knossos. I have made it work with FSO23.0 and the current MVPS and fixed any debug errors.

Ooooh!! Thanks a million, Admiral! I was just remembering this campaign a couple weeks ago  and lamenting that I couldn’t play it anymore!

Excited to give this a try!
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan