Author Topic: A Campaign?  (Read 2624 times)

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
TAP is a total conversion of Freespace 2.  From my perspective, a total conversion cannot be without some form of singleplayer support.  So far, Tappers are just merrily making ships, regardless of their position in a singleplayer campaign.  For Homeworld: Cataclysm to be a part of Freespace 2, there must be an - adaptation of some sort to the original Cataclysm missions.  Say, a campaign would be nice! :D

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
i think theyll do it later :)
I hate My signature!

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
From where I'm standing, no...  Maybe after some time, but not for a LONG TIME!

My basis is that the screenshots seem extremely haphazard.  There's no organization whatsoever.  And the Tappers seem to focus a lot on Taiidan ships.  (Wasn't Cataclysm based on the Somtaaw's story?)

Apocalypse Project will be dead soon if the Tappers still won't start a campaign.

Offline elorran

• Big Daddy Tap
  • Peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers
Patients young Jedi... ;)
Thats no moon... hes dropped his pants!

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
no el, they are right, your project is going a little stale here, how long have you had it exactly?
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
It is going stale, maily because everyone is in a state of Flux. USS Alex hasn't been around for a bit, Thorn only pops in once every blue moon, and we have nothing to do.

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
ahahahahaha this mod sucks ;)
I hate My signature!

Offline elorran

• Big Daddy Tap
  • Peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers
Like Pet said.  People are in a state of flux.  But to be quite honest I don't expect to see USS Alexander around anymore.  Oh sure he might pop in at times but I doubt he'll truely turn up again to head the project.  Thorn is a busy man and incase you hadn't notices he's presently signed on with a lot of other mod/campaign projects at the moment too.

Some of the staff are lacking things to do while others are busy with Real Life issues (myself included).

And while this project may seem a bit slow at present it doesn't mean we are dead.  And to be honest, with the upcoming release of Homeworld 2 interest in the project will only increase (I will personally see to that :wink: ).

We are slow at the moment, but far from dead.  And anyone who says otherwise will get slapped with a big rotten trout. :devil:

But if you really want something to play from TAP (even if its only a demo) I'll have a word with the management and see what can be produced (though don't expect a miracle just yet).
Thats no moon... hes dropped his pants!

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Quite, and if you are really desperate, you could just download the three ships we have released, and make your own missions in FRED.

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
Things are slowly starting to pick up, USS Alexander has 'popped in' and is stirring things up and organizing stuff.

It won't be too long now, not soon, but not too long...