Hosted Projects - Standalone > The Babylon Project

Many model warnings with latest FSO build

<< < (2/3) > >>

wesp5:
Update: I fixed all warning now and even managed to disable the path warnings by hex-editing the pof files. I don't really know what I am doing, but the warnings are gone and everything seems to work inside the game!

Goober5000:
The correct solution is to always look at the dock point first.  Make sure the dock point has the proper path assigned.  A path may display something like "$dock-01-01" but this is just a label; it has no actual effect on the model.

If Pof-Tools crashes, try the latest version.  Version 1.5 was just released.  If it still crashes, edit the pof in pcs2.

Hex-editing the pof is a bad idea; you risk causing lots of problems that way.

wesp5:

--- Quote from: Goober5000 on October 01, 2023, 12:40:20 pm ---The correct solution is to always look at the dock point first.  Make sure the dock point has the proper path assigned.

--- End quote ---

I am not a pof model expert at all, so how would I see if the dock point has the proper path assigned?

--- Quote ---If Pof-Tools crashes, try the latest version.  Version 1.5 was just released.  If it still crashes, edit the pof in pcs2.

--- End quote ---

I don't even know what pcs2 is, but I will download the new Pof-Tools version.

--- Quote ---Hex-editing the pof is a bad idea; you risk causing lots of problems that way.

--- End quote ---

Right now everything looks fine and I only needed this for the Drakh Shuttle and Drazi Sky Serpent. I don't know why both even have docking points...

wesp5:
P.S.: Pof-Tools 1.5 doesn't crash anymore and I have fixed the two models without hex-editing now :)! I will update my patch soon, who is willing to upload the fixed models to Knossos?

Admiral Nelson:
Sure, I'll take care of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version