Author Topic: Release: 3.6.12 Final  (Read 225685 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: Release: 3.6.12 Final
Files are back up.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline ShivanSpS

there is any custom flag that allow the launcher to set the affinity to all cores?

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
there is any custom flag that allow the launcher to set the affinity to all cores?
No.  FSO crashes badly so it forces itself to run on the second core.  I can find the registry key that FSO uses if you want to force it to a different core.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline ShivanSpS

I already tested it and it works fine, with about 15 to 40% performance increase in a E-350 APU...

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=75149.0

so i wanted to know if there is any way to force it whiout doing it manually from TM everytime.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I don't have to force mine when I checked, everything was already set. :nervous:

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
I already tested it and it works fine, with about 15 to 40% performance increase in a E-350 APU...

so i wanted to know if there is any way to force it whiout doing it manually from TM everytime.
Find or create a ProcessorAffinity key of type DWORD in the Freespace registry entry it is under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Volition/Freespace2 or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node/Volition/Freesspace.

Set the value of the key to 0 to disable fso auto setting the mask.  See the SetProcessAffinityMask documentation on msdn for other possible values.

If you have weird unrepeatable issues with FSO, remove the key. Good luck.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline ShivanSpS

Find or create a ProcessorAffinity key of type DWORD in the Freespace registry entry it is under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Volition/Freespace2 or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node/Volition/Freesspace.

Set the value of the key to 0 to disable fso auto setting the mask.  See the SetProcessAffinityMask documentation on msdn for other possible values.

If you have weird unrepeatable issues with FSO, remove the key. Good luck.

That worked perfectly! thanks.

Offline CaptJosh

Odd. That registry section appears to have been in my user profile registry area rather than in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. But I AM on Win7 64-bit and I don't think I ran the installer when I upgraded. I think I just ran the program...
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Odd. That registry section appears to have been in my user profile registry area rather than in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. But I AM on Win7 64-bit and I don't think I ran the installer when I upgraded. I think I just ran the program...
That is because of registry virtualization.  We are not supposed to be writing to HKLM as a normal user program, but Win7 and Vista redirects our writes to HKLM to the user profile.

Offline CaptJosh

Unless it's installed for all users. Right... I should have remembered that.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Nope. Only programs that run with admin privileges are allowed to write stuff into HKLM, everything else gets redirected into HKCU.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Not sure if this is the right place to post, my apologies if it's not. I recently played the level "proving grounds" and chose to use a Hercules MKII rather than the default Perseus. I attempted to take down the Moloch class cruiser by A) providing sensor support (flying close to it) and B) by shooting it with hundreds of Tempests. Although I can destroy turrens etc., I cannot actually cause any damage to it's overall health. This prevents me from fully killing the cruiser and therefore from receiving the Galatea medal.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
This is not related to 3.6.12, it's been like that since retail. Up your difficulty level (this happens because of a stupid cap for FS2 AI, which increases with difficulty) and pray Aquitane doesn't get it's beams killed, since it should be able to kill the Moloch.
Alternatively, use a lot of EMP missiles, which can, IIRC, damage Corvettes.

This is not related to 3.6.12, it's been like that since retail. Up your difficulty level (this happens because of a stupid cap for FS2 AI, which increases with difficulty) and pray Aquitane doesn't get it's beams killed, since it should be able to kill the Moloch.

Much obliged, I was sure that I had been able to damage it in the past. Apparently I misremembered.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable

You can damage it down to 1%, with a lot of effort.

Much obliged, I was sure that I had been able to damage it in the past. Apparently I misremembered.

You can damage it down to 1%

fixed that for you :)

Seriously, it takes forever to blast a corvette with EMP shockwaves

Seriously, it takes forever to blast a corvette with EMP shockwaves

I wish I had known that, I tried again  using 3 full banks of Tempests and they did nothing. Oh well.

Offline mralexs

• I'm White and Nerdy
umm.... i jost got FS2 today, how the heck do i install this???? :confused:

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong