Author Topic: Silent Threat: Reborn throwing errors  (Read 5187 times)

Silent Threat: Reborn throwing errors
Hi.  So I was trying to play Silent Threat: Reborn after seeing how disappointing the original Silent Threat was... and when I started (after the intro), I received a warning that there were 68 errors found.  I tried anyway, and the first mission went well enough... but as soon as it started trying to load mission 2, it crashed.  In retail mode, it said something about a Rockeye file.

I made sure that I have the most recent version, and it was installed using Turey's Installer (full install).  FSPort and ST worked just fine on this install (and still do)... Has anyone else run into this with the current version of ST-R?

I ran it in debug mode, and this was thrown:

ERANGE: String error. Please Report.
Trying to put into 32 byte buffer:
ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ.
ntdll.dll! KiFastSystemCallRet
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! SCP_DumpStack + 354 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! Error + 229 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! scp_strcpy_s + 297 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! scp_strcpy_s<32> + 53 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! cf_search_root_pack + 892 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! cf_build_file_list + 131 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! cf_build_secondary_filelist + 166 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! cfile_init + 398 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! game_init + 341 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! game_main + 519 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! WinMain + 330 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! __tmainCRTStartup + 358 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! WinMainCRTStartup + 15 bytes
kernel32.dll! BaseThreadInitThunk + 18 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlInitializeExceptionChain + 99 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlInitializeExceptionChain + 54 bytes

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Silent Threat: Reborn throwing errors
What's the full file path of your STR folder?

Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\fsport-str

It's the spot it was installed in by the installer... should it not be?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Huh, no, that looks good. It should not be throwing a string error.

Okay, next step! Please post the fs2_open.log file from FreeSpace2\data\ so we can spot the problem.

Since I figure posting the wall of text contained in the file might not be appreciated too much, here's the file itself, attached to this post.  If that doesn't work, I'll go with the wall of text approach.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Code: [Select]
==========================================================================
DEBUG SPEW: No debug_filter.cfg found, so only general, error, and warning
categories can be shown and no debug_filter.cfg info will be saved.
==========================================================================
FreeSpace version: 3.6.12
Passed cmdline options:
  -spec_exp 8.2
  -spec_static 3.5
  -spec_point 8.6
  -spec_tube 1.0
  -ambient_factor 70
  -env
  -mipmap
  -missile_lighting
  -glow
  -spec
  -3dshockwave
  -rearm_timer
  -targetinfo
  -3dwarp
  -snd_preload
  -mod fsport-mediavps,STReb,fsport,mediavps_3612
Building file index...
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\fsport-mediavps\mv_fsport.vp' with a checksum of 0xb5009f03
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\STReb\fsport-str-voice.vp' with a checksum of 0xe72dc0dc
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\STReb\fsport-str.vp' with a checksum of 0x08d3d38c
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\fsport\fsport-missions.vp' with a checksum of 0xfa6606cf
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\fsport\fsport3_2-fix.vp' with a checksum of 0xb8bacea2
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\fsport\fsport3_2.vp' with a checksum of 0xfd80cf91
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\fsport\odeon_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x6b0eb146
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\fsport\sparky_hi_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x39438fdb
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\fsport\stu_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x060994cb
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\fsport\tango_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0xac31d566
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\fsport\tango_hi_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x44e81e9f
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\fsport\warble_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x0b608285
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Advanced.vp' with a checksum of 0x2476e1b6
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_AnimGlows.vp' with a checksum of 0x6a554026
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x59649c21
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.vp' with a checksum of 0x529cc70f
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x9c510aa0
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.vp' with a checksum of 0xb9a9a485
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Music.vp' with a checksum of 0xb3e21469
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_RadarIcons.vp' with a checksum of 0x31dd7781
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x7c9d7e74
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.vp' with a checksum of 0x6ffd5c78
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\multi-mission-pack.vp' with a checksum of 0x377695e0
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\multi-voice-pack.vp' with a checksum of 0xd50e7442
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\Root_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x747372cc
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\smarty_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xddeb3b1e
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\sparky_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x164fe65a
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\sparky_hi_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xa11d56f1
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\stu_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd77da83a
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\tango1_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x4c25221e
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\tango2_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x86920b82
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\tango3_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x705e8d71
Found root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\warble_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd85c305d
Searching root 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\fsport-mediavps\' ... 39 files
Searching root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\fsport-mediavps\mv_fsport.vp' ... 487 files
Searching root 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\STReb\' ... 0 files
Searching root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\STReb\fsport-str-voice.vp' ... 943 files
Searching root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\STReb\fsport-str.vp' ... 59 files
Searching root 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\fsport\' ... 0 files
Searching root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\fsport\fsport-missions.vp' ... 160 files
Searching root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\fsport\fsport3_2-fix.vp' ... 7 files
Searching root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\fsport\fsport3_2.vp' ... 866 files
Searching root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\fsport\odeon_fs1.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\fsport\sparky_hi_fs1.vp' ... 1229 files
Searching root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\fsport\stu_fs1.vp' ... 1539 files
Searching root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\fsport\tango_fs1.vp' ... 85 files
Searching root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\fsport\tango_hi_fs1.vp' ... 33 files
Searching root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\fsport\warble_fs1.vp' ... 111 files
Searching root 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\' ... 0 files
Searching root pack 'Q:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Advanced.vp' ... ERROR: ERANGE: String error. Please Report.
Trying to put into 32 byte buffer:
ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ.
File: cfilesystem.cpp
Line: 719

All right, couple things.

Try renaming your STReb folder to fsport_str. As a rule, never alter folder names.

Well, that did it!

Also,  the renamed folder was a second install (so as to not overwrite the first), which I did because the first wasn't working.  By default, it's named fsport-str, instead of fsport_str.  At least I know I can remove the second install now.

Thanks for the help!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Cool!

Let us know if there's any more trouble.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Also,  the renamed folder was a second install (so as to not overwrite the first), which I did because the first wasn't working.  By default, it's named fsport-str, instead of fsport_str.  At least I know I can remove the second install now.

Yes.  Any time you see a fsport- prefix on an FSPort-produced mod, it must use a hyphen, never an underscore.

Yes.  Any time you see a fsport- prefix on an FSPort-produced mod, it must use a hyphen, never an underscore.

Unfortunately I still got 62 warnings/errors on startup. My debug log is below. I saw from another thread just below that silent threat can't use the 3.6.12 mediavps so I downloaded the 3.6.10 mediavps and created a mediavps folder. My ini folder for fsport-str reads:

[multimod]
primarylist = fsport-mediavps;
secondarylist = fsport,mediavps;

I still get the warnings, but I don't get the rockeye crash on the second mission. What should I do to eliminate the rest of the warnings? Can Silent Threat use 3.6.12 mediavps? My debug output is below:

FreeSpace version: 3.6.12
Passed cmdline options:
  -spec_exp 15
  -ogl_spec 20
  -spec_static 1.5
  -spec_point 1.2
  -spec_tube 1.5
  -ambient_factor 35.00
  -env
  -missile_lighting
  -glow
  -spec
  -normal
  -3dshockwave
  -cache_bitmaps
  -ballistic_gauge
  -dualscanlines
  -rearm_timer
  -targetinfo
  -3dwarp
  -ship_choice_3d
  -weapon_choice_3d
  -warp_flash
  -mod fsport-mediavps,fsport-str,fsport,mediavps
Building file index...
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/fsport-mediavps/mv_fsport.vp' with a checksum of 0xb5009f03
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/fsport-str/fsport-str-voice.vp' with a checksum of 0xe72dc0dc
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/fsport-str/fsport-str.vp' with a checksum of 0x08d3d38c
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/fsport/fsport-missions.vp' with a checksum of 0xfa6606cf
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/fsport/fsport3_2-fix.vp' with a checksum of 0xb8bacea2
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/fsport/fsport3_2.vp' with a checksum of 0xfd80cf91
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/fsport/sparky_hi_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x39438fdb
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/fsport/stu_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x060994cb
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/fsport/tango_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0xac31d566
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/fsport/tango_hi_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x44e81e9f
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/fsport/warble_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x0b608285
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/fsport/data/movies/odeon_fs1.vp' with a checksum of 0x6b0eb146
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/mediavps/MV_Advanced.vp' with a checksum of 0xd06bf123
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/mediavps/MV_Assets.vp' with a checksum of 0xc9e372bb
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/mediavps/MV_Core.vp' with a checksum of 0x0dc7bb8f
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/mediavps/MV_Effects.vp' with a checksum of 0xa3141c30
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/mediavps/MV_Music.vp' with a checksum of 0x4dbbbe96
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/multi-mission-pack.vp' with a checksum of 0x377695e0
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/multi-voice-pack.vp' with a checksum of 0xd50e7442
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/Root_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xce10d76c
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/smarty_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xddeb3b1e
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/sparky_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x164fe65a
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/sparky_hi_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xa11d56f1
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/stu_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd77da83a
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/tango1_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x4c25221e
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/tango2_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x86920b82
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/tango3_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x705e8d71
Found root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/warble_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd85c305d
Searching root '/Users/dlawrie/Library/FS2_Open/fsport-mediavps/' ... 73 files
Searching root '/Users/dlawrie/Library/FS2_Open/fsport-str/' ... 0 files
Searching root '/Users/dlawrie/Library/FS2_Open/fsport/' ... 1 files
Searching root '/Users/dlawrie/Library/FS2_Open/mediavps/' ... 0 files
Searching root '/Users/dlawrie/Library/FS2_Open/' ... 47 files
Searching root '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/fsport-mediavps/' ... 0 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/fsport-mediavps/mv_fsport.vp' ... 487 files
Searching root '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/fsport-str/' ... 0 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/fsport-str/fsport-str-voice.vp' ... 943 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/fsport-str/fsport-str.vp' ... 59 files
Searching root '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/fsport/' ... 10 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/fsport/fsport-missions.vp' ... 160 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/fsport/fsport3_2-fix.vp' ... 7 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/fsport/fsport3_2.vp' ... 866 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/fsport/sparky_hi_fs1.vp' ... 1229 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/fsport/stu_fs1.vp' ... 1539 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/fsport/tango_fs1.vp' ... 85 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/fsport/tango_hi_fs1.vp' ... 33 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/fsport/warble_fs1.vp' ... 111 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/fsport/data/movies/odeon_fs1.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/mediavps/' ... 0 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/mediavps/MV_Advanced.vp' ... 2868 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/mediavps/MV_Assets.vp' ... 1810 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/mediavps/MV_Core.vp' ... 146 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/mediavps/MV_Effects.vp' ... 1046 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/mediavps/MV_Music.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/' ... 15 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/multi-mission-pack.vp' ... 110 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/multi-voice-pack.vp' ... 307 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/Root_fs2.vp' ... 157 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/smarty_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/sparky_fs2.vp' ... 3027 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/sparky_hi_fs2.vp' ... 1337 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/stu_fs2.vp' ... 2355 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/tango1_fs2.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/tango2_fs2.vp' ... 15 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/tango3_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack '/Applications/Games/Freespace2/warble_fs2.vp' ... 52 files
Found 38 roots and 18989 files.
AutoLang: Language auto-detection successful...
Setting language to English
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_strings-lcl.tbm' ...
Initializing OpenAL...
  OpenAL Vendor     : Apple Computer Inc.
  OpenAL Renderer   : Software
  OpenAL Version    : 1.1

... OpenAL successfully initialized!
Failed to init speech
Initializing OpenGL graphics device at 1920x1080 with 32-bit color...
  Initializing SDL...
  Requested SDL Video values = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 24, double-buffer: 1, FSAA: 8
  Actual SDL Video values    = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 24, double-buffer: 1, FSAA: 8
  OpenGL Vendor     : NVIDIA Corporation
  OpenGL Renderer   : NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M OpenGL Engine
  OpenGL Version    : 2.1 NVIDIA-1.6.26

Using extension "GL_EXT_fog_coord".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_multitexture".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_add".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_compression".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_combine".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_draw_range_elements".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_framebuffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_rectangle".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_bgra".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_cube_map".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_point_sprite".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shading_language_100".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shader_objects".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_shader".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_fragment_shader".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod".

Initializing Shaders Manager...
  Loading and compiling main shaders...
    Compiling main shader ->  null-v.sdr (null-v.sdr) / null-f.sdr (null-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  b-v.sdr (b-v.sdr) / b-f.sdr (b-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  b-v.sdr (b-v.sdr) / bg-f.sdr (bg-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  l-v.sdr (l-v.sdr) / lb-f.sdr (lb-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  l-v.sdr (l-v.sdr) / lbg-f.sdr (lbg-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  l-v.sdr (l-v.sdr) / lbgs-f.sdr (lbgs-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  l-v.sdr (l-v.sdr) / lbs-f.sdr (lbs-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  le-v.sdr (le-v.sdr) / lbgse-f.sdr (lbgse-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  le-v.sdr (le-v.sdr) / lbse-f.sdr (lbse-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  ln-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr) / lbgn-f.sdr (lbgn-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  ln-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr) / lbgsn-f.sdr (lbgsn-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  ln-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr) / lbn-f.sdr (lbn-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  ln-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr) / lbsn-f.sdr (lbsn-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  lne-v.sdr (lne-v.sdr) / lbgsne-f.sdr (lbgsne-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  lne-v.sdr (lne-v.sdr) / lbsne-f.sdr (lbsne-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  lf-v.sdr (lf-v.sdr) / lfb-f.sdr (lfb-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  lf-v.sdr (lf-v.sdr) / lfbg-f.sdr (lfbg-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  lf-v.sdr (lf-v.sdr) / lfbgs-f.sdr (lfbgs-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  lf-v.sdr (lf-v.sdr) / lfbs-f.sdr (lfbs-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  lfe-v.sdr (lfe-v.sdr) / lfbgse-f.sdr (lfbgse-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  lfe-v.sdr (lfe-v.sdr) / lfbse-f.sdr (lfbse-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  lfn-v.sdr (lfn-v.sdr) / lfbgn-f.sdr (lfbgn-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  lfn-v.sdr (lfn-v.sdr) / lfbgsn-f.sdr (lfbgsn-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  lfn-v.sdr (lfn-v.sdr) / lfbn-f.sdr (lfbn-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  lfn-v.sdr (lfn-v.sdr) / lfbsn-f.sdr (lfbsn-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  lfne-v.sdr (lfne-v.sdr) / lfbgsne-f.sdr (lfbgsne-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  lfne-v.sdr (lfne-v.sdr) / lfbsne-f.sdr (lfbsne-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  l-v.sdr (l-v.sdr) / null-f.sdr (null-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  l-v.sdr (l-v.sdr) / lg-f.sdr (lg-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  l-v.sdr (l-v.sdr) / lgs-f.sdr (lgs-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  l-v.sdr (l-v.sdr) / ls-f.sdr (ls-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  le-v.sdr (le-v.sdr) / lgse-f.sdr (lgse-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  le-v.sdr (le-v.sdr) / lse-f.sdr (lse-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  ln-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr) / lgn-f.sdr (lgn-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  ln-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr) / lgsn-f.sdr (lgsn-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  ln-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr) / ln-f.sdr (ln-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  ln-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr) / lsn-f.sdr (lsn-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  lne-v.sdr (lne-v.sdr) / lgsne-f.sdr (lgsne-f.sdr) ...
    Compiling main shader ->  lne-v.sdr (lne-v.sdr) / lsne-f.sdr (lsne-f.sdr) ...
  Shaders Manager initialized.

Max texture units: 8 (16)
  Max elements vertices: 2048
  Max elements indices: 150000
  Max texture size: 8192x8192
  Can use compressed textures: YES
  Texture compression available: YES
  Using trilinear texture filter.
  Using GLSL for model rendering.
  Shader Version: 1.20
... OpenGL init is complete!
Size of bitmap info = 760 KB
Size of bitmap extra info = 52 bytes
ANI cursorweb with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
GRAPHICS: Initializing default colors...
SCRIPTING: Beginning initialization sequence...
SCRIPTING: Beginning Lua initialization...
LUA: Opening LUA state...
LUA: Initializing base Lua libraries...
LUA: Beginning ADE initialization
ADE: Initializing enumeration constants...
ADE: Assigning Lua session...
SCRIPTING: Beginning main hook parse sequence....
Wokka!  Error opening file (scripting.tbl)!
TABLES: Unable to parse 'scripting.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'velindc-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'flak-sct.tbm' ...
SCRIPTING: Inititialization complete.
SCRIPTING: Splash screen overrides checked
SCRIPTING: Splash hook has been run
SCRIPTING: Splash screen conditional hook has been run
Using high memory settings...
Wokka!  Error opening file (interface.tbl)!
WMCGUI: Unable to parse 'interface.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-sdf.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_adveffects-sdf.tbm' ...
ANI 2_radar1 with size 209x170 (33.6% wasted)

Joystick INITTED!

Using 'Logitech Extreme 3D' as the primary joystick:
  Number of axes: 4
  Number of buttons: 12
  Number of hats: 1
  Number of trackballs: 0

Current soundtrack set to -1 in event_music_reset_choices
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_music-mus.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_advmuzzle-mfl.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fs1_effects-mfl.tbm' ...
Wokka!  Error opening file (armor.tbl)!
TABLES: Unable to parse 'armor.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-wxp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_adveffects-wxp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fs1_effects-wxp.tbm' ...
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp20.eff) with 64 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (ExpMissileHit1.eff) with 44 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp05.eff) with 47 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp06.eff) with 48 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp04.eff) with 60 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Maxim_Impact.eff) with 23 frames at 30 fps.
ANI Lamprey_Impact with size 80x80 (37.5% wasted)
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Gmuzzle.eff) with 5 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (PWmuzzle.eff) with 4 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Rmuzzle.eff) with 4 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Bmuzzle.eff) with 5 frames at 30 fps.
ANI Avenger_Impact with size 80x80 (37.5% wasted)
ANI Leech_Impact with size 80x80 (37.5% wasted)
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_tech-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_models-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_adveffects-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'railguncycle-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fs1_tech-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fs1_shockwave-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fs1_missiles-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fs1_effects-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fsport-aip.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'str-aip.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_trails-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_tech-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_dragon-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_density-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_models-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_adveffects-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fsport-turretangles-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fsport-resetmodels-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fsport-abtrails-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fs1_trails-shp.tbm' ...
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class GTF Apollo" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class GTF Valkyrie" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class GTF Loki#stealth" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class GTF Angel" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class GTB Athena" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name MediumArmor specified for hull in ship class GTS Centaur" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name MediumArmor specified for hull in ship class GTT Hunter" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name MediumArmor specified for hull in ship class GTFr Chronos" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name MediumArmor specified for hull in ship class Terran Probe" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class GTD Orion#Amadeus" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class GTD Orion#Bastion" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class GTD Orion#Eisenhower" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class GTD Orion#Galatea" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class GTD Orion#Goliath" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class GTD Orion#Intrepid" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class GTD Orion#Krios" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class GTD Orion#Legion" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class GTD Orion#Minnow" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class GTD Orion#Myrmidon" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class GTD Orion#Orion" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class GTD Orion#Repulse" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class GTD Orion#Soyakaze" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class GTD Hades#scan" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class GTI Polaris Extension" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class GTI Polaris Pylon" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class Terran Asteroid Base" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class GTSC Faustus#medical" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name MediumArmor specified for hull in ship class GTFr Chronos#medical" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name MediumArmor specified for hull in ship class TAC 1#medical" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name MediumArmor specified for hull in ship class GTT Elysium#medical" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class PVF Ulysses" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class PVF Anubis" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class PVF Seth" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class PVF Horus" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class PVF Thoth" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class PVB Osiris" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class PVB Amun" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class PVB Sekhmet" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class PVDr Jackal" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name MediumArmor specified for hull in ship class PVS Scarab" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name MediumArmor specified for hull in ship class PVT Isis" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name MediumArmor specified for hull in ship class PVFr Bast" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name MediumArmor specified for hull in ship class VC 3" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name MediumArmor specified for hull in ship class PVFr Satis" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class PVC Aten" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name MediumArmor specified for hull in ship class PVSC Imhotep" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class Vasudan Probe" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class PVD Typhon" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class PVI Karnak" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name MediumArmor specified for hull in ship class Karnak Reactor" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name MediumArmor specified for hull in ship class Karnak Reactor#cargo" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class PVI Shah Extension" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class PVI Shah Pylon" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class Vasudan Asteroid Base" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class PVSG Ankh" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class PVEP Ra" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class SF Dragon#weakened" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class SF Dragon#Terrans" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class SF Scorpion" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class SB Shaitan" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class SD Demon#scan" at ship.cpp:2042
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class SD Lucifer#scan" at ship.cpp:2042
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fs1_shockwave-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fs1_models-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_escort-hdg.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'fsport-reticle-hdg.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-str.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'str-str.tbm' ...
loading animated cursor "cursor"
ANI cursor with size 18x24 (25.0% wasted)
Ships.tbl is : INVALID!!!!
Weapons.tbl is : INVALID!!!!
cfile_init() took 1111
MVE: Buffer underun (First is normal)
Got event GS_EVENT_GAME_INIT (49) in state NOT A VALID STATE (0)
SOUND: /Users/cliffgordon/fs2_final_export/projects/Xcode/../../code/sound/ds.cpp:718 - OpenAL error = 'Invalid Name'
ANI cursor.ani with size 18x24 (25.0% wasted)
Got event GS_EVENT_MAIN_MENU (0) in state GS_STATE_INITIAL_PLAYER_SELECT (37)
Someone passed an extension to bm_load for file 'GTI.pcx'
ANI 2_main1-m1.ani with size 298x368 (28.1% wasted)
ANI 2_main1-m2.ani with size 187x224 (12.5% wasted)
ANI 2_main1-d1.ani with size 110x123 (3.9% wasted)
ANI 2_main1-d6.ani with size 91x72 (43.8% wasted)
ANI 2_main1-d3.ani with size 234x210 (18.0% wasted)
ANI 2_main1-d4.ani with size 293x165 (35.5% wasted)
ANI 2_main1-d5.ani with size 136x234 (8.6% wasted)
ANI 2_main1-d2.ani with size 163x118 (7.8% wasted)
Got event GS_EVENT_QUIT_GAME (5) in state GS_STATE_MAIN_MENU (1)
STUB: dscap_close in /Users/cliffgordon/fs2_final_export/projects/Xcode/../../code/sound/ds.cpp at line 3864, thread 4410
Freeing all existing models...
... Log closed, Fri Apr 08 18:56:04 2011

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Looks like you're trying to use 3.6.12 FSPort with 3.6.10 VPs. This will not work, you also need to get an old version of FSPort.
Rather inconvinent, I never supported the idea of dropping backwards compatiblity in 3.6.12 VPs.

Looks like you're trying to use 3.6.12 FSPort with 3.6.10 VPs. This will not work, you also need to get an old version of FSPort.
Rather inconvinent, I never supported the idea of dropping backwards compatiblity in 3.6.12 VPs.

ugh ... the other thread (two below) I thought they said it was backward compatible ... apparently not.  :sigh:

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
If it was, ST:R would be working with the new VPs.

If it was, ST:R would be working with the new VPs.

Yeah out of curiosity to see if it would work, I had just changed the mod.ini file to link to mediavps_3612 instead of mediavps and the errors disappeared. :) I was about to write of this when you posted. :) Thanks! I should've just tried that start with instead of downloading 3.6.10 mediavps and creating a new folder. Ah silly me.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Here's the thing: FSPort is backward-compatible, but because the 3.6.12 does many things differently, there are some problems.  The armor is one, since armor is introduced by the mediavps and not used in either FSPort or ST:R.  An upcoming FSPort release will add patches to take care of these problems.

In the meantime, those 62 errors should not show up if you're running a release build, so you should be able to just ignore them for now.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Newer builds do notify about amount of errors generated by FS2_Open, even though they don't list all of them.

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
I had ST:R throwing errors when I tried to do the second mission, so I checked my command line flags, and found something
-mod fsport-mediavps,fsport-str,fsport,mediavpsThe installer put the mediavps in the folder ../MediaVPs_3612/, so there appears to be a discrepancy in where ST:R is looking for the mediavps and where they actually are.  After copying the mediavps folder (just in case) and renaming it to ../mediavps/ the problem seems to be fixed.

So just a heads up.  Note: I am using the launcher that installed with FSO (wanted to use wxLauncher, but it keeps telling me FSO didn't generate a flag file, but that's a different topic entirely).
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I had ST:R throwing errors when I tried to do the second mission, so I checked my command line flags, and found something
-mod fsport-mediavps,fsport-str,fsport,mediavpsThe installer put the mediavps in the folder ../MediaVPs_3612/, so there appears to be a discrepancy in where ST:R is looking for the mediavps and where they actually are.  After copying the mediavps folder (just in case) and renaming it to ../mediavps/ the problem seems to be fixed.

So just a heads up.  Note: I am using the launcher that installed with FSO (wanted to use wxLauncher, but it keeps telling me FSO didn't generate a flag file, but that's a different topic entirely).

Just make sure you have a folder named mediavps_3612 containing the 3.6.12 MVPs or you won't be able to play a bunch of more recent campaigns - it MUST have that name.

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
The original folder is still intact.  I just made a copy with a different name.
Still, somethings up when people have to rename things.  It would seem ST:R isn't being pointed to the proper location for the latest media VPs (for some of us at least); it can't find the files, so it throws errors.
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
ST:R Doesn't officially support mediavps_3612 yet. It is actually looking for the 3.6.10 mediavps of which the folder was just named 'mediavps'.

Now, with that said, I don't think there are any issues to running ST:R with 3.6.12.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.