Author Topic: OLD FreeSpace Open Installer  (Read 762627 times)

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Re: FreeSpace Open Installer! Download it now!
April First!  :D :D :D Almost time!
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
How long will it be until the installer is back online? :confused: :confused:
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Gunnery Control, target UgLyPuNk; commence plasma core insertion.  Power up photon beam cannons... sensor lock aquired, Fire!

:welcome:
Welcome to Hard Light Productions, UgLyPuNk.  Exits are to your rear. In case of emergency, Flamethrowers can be found under your seats. They're empty though, so you'll have to beat others to death with them.

If, for some strange, as-yet-unknown reason you find yourself crawling through one of the nearby airducts, you are quite possibly going to run into a shivan. Five legs, glowing red eyes. You cant miss 'em. It's probably just Carl, though. Give him whatever food you have on you, and he should leave you alone. If you have none, take comfort in the fact that your death will, at least, be quick (if not painless).

There are Plasma rifles located in the forward storage lockers, however these can only be accessed by an Admin, [V], God, or Hyperintelligent shade of the color blue. Be warned that the door to the Command Bridge is guarded by subspatial claymore mines.

The SCP is all that is good. Mention FS3 at your own peril. And have a nice day.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
The Installer is back up. Everything works (I hope!) except for the FS2 OGG cutscenes (FS1 cutscenes work fine). This will be fixed shortly.

EDIT: OGG cutscenes work now.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 07:01:56 pm by Turey »
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline vamitul

Turey.. could u tell me more about "installedversions.txt"
i already installed FSO, so i just want the rest
In 1807 Dracula was feeding with the blood of young virgins.
We are sorry to report that in 2007 Count Dracula was found dead in his mansion, due to extreme starvation.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
Turey.. could u tell me more about "installedversions.txt"
i already installed FSO, so i just want the rest

Well... installedversions.txt keeps track of everything you've installed through the Installer. If you use it correctly, you can make the Installer think that it's installed things that it hasn't. That's what the retail instructions on the first post do: they trick the Installer into thinking that it has already installed retail when it hasn't. However, if you screw up, you might end up having to re-download quite a bit. I'd recomend that you don't screw with it. The Installer's checking for a Retail installation should be almost instantaneous now that RK is hosting the files unzipped. If I were you, I'd just run the Installer and let it do its thing. It won't take long.
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Well its a no go for me. Ive tried five times. I get the  data corrupted error message. I got it to open once but got the unexpected end of file message.   Jim

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project

WELCOME TO THE HLPBB, Jim West!

24th Kill!
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
Well its a no go for me. Ive tried five times. I get the  data corrupted error message. I got it to open once but got the unexpected end of file message.   Jim

What unzipper are you using?

I was using extract now. I'm about to look for winrar or something else. And thanks for the beam. Tury I have the 5.5 version of your launcher and it worked fine. I need the mediavp files that didn't download with 3.6.9-RC7.8. Everything else is fine.  Jim

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Jim West from UMR?  Just curious, I know one who to school with me.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
I was using extract now. I'm about to look for winrar or something else. And thanks for the beam. Tury I have the 5.5 version of your launcher and it worked fine. I need the mediavp files that didn't download with 3.6.9-RC7.8. Everything else is fine.  Jim

Woah! I didn't know Tury made the Launcher! I thought it was Taylor!

You learn something every day.  :P

Sorry. I meant installer. Didn't mean to step on any toes. The installer I have says its out of date and directs me to your site. Ill try again.     Jim

Edit:Don't worry about it. I'm on the eighth  time now. I give up.  Jim
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 12:33:41 am by Jim West »

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Don't give up!  There's tons of ways to install it, if one doesn't work there's at least 3 more I know off the top of my head.  You could try the DVD ISO image if nothing else.  Then you could even give it to your friends too.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
www.7-zip.org  bleh to WinZip & WinRAR.

Offline Kegel

If I already have OpenAL installed on my box, is it OK to skip the OpenAL part of the install (im going to use the java based installer here).?

Forget it....worked like a charm.  Nice installer!!!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 08:23:13 pm by Kegel »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
BTW, the Installer should now be working correctly... Turey made a typo (typed Root_fs2.vp instead of root_fs2.vp), that was the Installer problem.  Should work now.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 11:55:07 am by jr2 »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
BTW, if you're still using 5.5, instead of the latest (5.5b, IIRC), there was a reason why it was updated... IDK if that's anything to do with the problem.  I have tons of contact options on my profile; maybe we can hash this out... Actually, look here (your "delete my account" thread) for a solution that should be absolutely painless.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
BTW, the Installer should now be working correctly... Taylor made a typo (typed Root_fs2.vp instead of root_fs2.vp), that was the Installer problem.  Should work now.

Hey hey hey. Don't blame Taylor for my mistakes. The typo was all mine.

Anyways, I've started to slow down on adding features to the Installer, as I need to concentrate on my schoolwork. However, a forum member contacted me about adding proxy support, and since it looks fairly easy, I'll put it on my To-Do list.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Sorry, I get you two mixed up in my head all the time.  I knew sooner or later it was going to come out in the forums... ::)