Author Topic: RELEASE — Blue Planet  (Read 172428 times)

Re: RELEASE — Blue Planet
BPC 3.3.0/3.3.1
This one's for FSO 23.2.1

Featuring:
  • Individually adjusted lighting profiles for AoA and WiH missions.
  • The PBR Aurora by Nyctaeus.
  • Lots of model fixes, with special thanks to Ertanax, Durendal and No Tea. Should make life a lot easier on mission designers.
  • A bunch of smaller tweaks and fixes.

Please note that Knossos will say this is version 3.3.1 whilst in-game will mention version 3.3.0. This is due to an upload issue.

Offline CT27

BPC 3.3.0/3.3.1
This one's for FSO 23.2.1

Featuring:
  • Individually adjusted lighting profiles for AoA and WiH missions.
  • The PBR Aurora by Nyctaeus.
  • Lots of model fixes, with special thanks to Ertanax, Durendal and No Tea. Should make life a lot easier on mission designers.
  • A bunch of smaller tweaks and fixes.

Please note that Knossos will say this is version 3.3.1 whilst in-game will mention version 3.3.0. This is due to an upload issue.

Just out of curiosity and hypothetically, if one just wanted to play FS2 Blue and wasn't going to play AOA/WIH at this time...could one just download the FS2Blue link on the BPC FSNebula web page?  Or is every link there needed?

Unfortunately no: fsblue does rely on a few bp core files. You'll at the very least need bpc-core, and there's some audiovisual tweaks that'll probably require audio and visual.

You can safely ignore bpc advanced though.

BPC 3.3.2!

This one's just there to make sure a few metadata issues got fixed.
Also updated the hud so that the entire weapons load of strategic bombers fits properly.

Offline CT27

https://fsnebula.org/mod/blueplanetcomplete

I think I remember it saying 3.3.2 at some point, but as of right now it's only saying 3.3.1.

Weird. Knossos.Net definitely still displays it as 3.3.2 on my end.

Version 3.3.3

This update ensures a nice round number in the versioning scheme.

Also it should hopefully fix an issue with music playback under linux.

Offline CT27

I don't know if this music issue was fixed in 3.3.3, but:

A minor error I noticed in FS2 Blue:

Sometimes in the SOC missions during the briefing...FS1 music plays (not during missions...just in the briefing).

I did do some experimentation with some FS1 briefing music in the SOC loop to make them a bit more distinct (also, becuase there's some overlap with voice actors) but that shouldn't have made it into the release.