Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > The FRED Workshop

Project: Scavengers

<< < (2/14) > >>

Woolie Wool:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Flipside
It sounds like a good idea, my only suggestion would be that you make the ships look a bit like cannibalised GTVA ships, or at least have familiar looking parts. They don't have to be identical or anything, but with a name like Scavengers, it suggests that they are more inclined to throw bits together that they have found in order to make a ship :D
--- End quote ---

Uglies made from FreeSpace ships. Interesting.

Nico:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Flipside
my only suggestion would be that you make the ships look a bit like cannibalised GTVA ships, or at least have familiar looking parts
--- End quote ---

nah, that would defeat the whole purpose of the thing ( having original ships ). anybody can mix a few GTVA ships if they want anyway, it's easy as hell ( I've seen some already ).

as for weapons, they'd have, well, scavenged weapons ( heh ), and converted tools ( mining beams, "upped" plasma torches and the likes, etc ).
for their engines, I've made them so they can't use the deuterium engines ( I assume that's high tech ), so instead I've had them take the devices used to generate gravity onboard capships and stations, and beaf them up to be used as means of propulsion. That's what will give them a common design reference, they will all have the same kind of engine, on a visual perspective.

pyro-manic:
I posted in the "I need your opinion" thread, but basically :yes:

Weapons-wise, I'm thinking short range but powerful (mining/cutting/welding torches, etc - not desinged to work over long distances, but can output a helluva lot of energy when tinkered with). I like the sound of the engines thing too.

miniDwarf:
could you have a set of dedicated merc vessels, like somewhere in between GTVA and civvy ships. a proper standard merc fighter like the corvus (was it?) in tachyon

Nico:
nah, I can't do everything at the same time obviously :p

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version