Hosted Projects - Standalone > WoD Archive

Identity of the OP girl who says "Spoon"

<< < (2/4) > >>

LHN91:
Similarly, I believe the song played on the main hall is the off-vocal long mix of the second season OP of Shakugan no Shana. If memory serves.

Dark Hunter:

--- Quote from: Spoon on June 16, 2011, 11:02:52 am ---Supun

--- End quote ---

スプン

--- Quote from: Commander Zane on June 16, 2011, 10:24:28 am ---The way she says spoon is horrid.
Spoounnhun. Spoounnhun. Spoounnhun. Spoounnhun. Spoounnhun. Spoounnhun. :wtf:

--- End quote ---

Blame Japanese phonology. There are no diphthongs in Japanese, so if they see two vowels together, they assume that the vowel is to be pronounced twice.

Pred the Penguin:
Just don't think of it as english...

Quanto:

--- Quote from: Dark Hunter on June 19, 2011, 11:19:55 pm ---... if they see two vowels together, they assume that the vowel is to be pronounced twice.

--- End quote ---
This I did not know, I figured it was a problem with words ending in a consonants, considering most of their language is dominated by vowel usage.

-Norbert-:
Just listen to some of the opening and closing songs of anime (or the insert songs too) and you'll come across numerous of those double letters, were both are pronounced.
For example in this song (Prototype from Gundam 00) at 1:32 "Kanashii kurai...." the i is ponounced twice (don't ask me what it means though, I only know in general terms from translations, not word by word).
And there are many more were I heard such double pronounciations, I just though of this one first, because it's one of my favourite songs and I can even sing along a few pieces, despite not speaking japanese.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version