Hosted Projects - Standalone > WoD Archive

[WIP] SF Knight

<< < (3/11) > >>

Jellyfish:

--- Quote from: AndrewofDoom on March 27, 2014, 03:04:58 pm ---That being said, I plan to make the SF and LSF Knight. It'll be really easy to do.
--- End quote ---
Different faction colors, weapons and overall stats, I presume?

Flak:
Maybe also a slightly rigged up or stripped down mercenary version, with only 2 fighterbays.

An4ximandros:
Dhem models :yes:

AndrewofDoom:

--- Quote from: Jellyfish on March 27, 2014, 09:22:08 pm ---
--- Quote from: AndrewofDoom on March 27, 2014, 03:04:58 pm ---That being said, I plan to make the SF and LSF Knight. It'll be really easy to do.
--- End quote ---
Different faction colors, weapons and overall stats, I presume?

--- End quote ---

No. To put it this way: Spoon tells me that the only difference between the SF Champion and the LSF Champion is who's insignia is slapped on the side of the hull. The same can be said about the SF and LSF Knight.

Speaking of the LSF and insignias, the LSF actually got a new one. You can see it on the Challenger II at the end of the Turn 16 video. I didn't notice that at all until I saw the Champion's source texture. :P

--- Quote from: Flak on March 27, 2014, 10:51:38 pm ---Maybe also a slightly rigged up or stripped down mercenary version, with only 2 fighterbays.

--- End quote ---

I don't know anyone in their right minds would offer up a battleship to mercenaries. Even in a stripped down fashion, the Knight is long and massive. To compare, the p3d link above was updated to give a good size comparison with the Champion, which is about 1,000 meters long or so. It's closest Terran WoD comparison that I know of is the Lord is about 2km long, but visually doesn't have much mass to it. Ideally to me, I would make the Knight WoD's version of the Orion...well, not visually anyway. Iron Wall of Humanity indeed.

Getting off that tangent, let's talk about something Orions and Knights might have in common: BEAMZ and PIRATE SUPERDESTROYERS. I was mulling over ideas for beam turrets. I wanted them to be aimed and be big and scary. I had no idea, but then Droid pointed me toward YAL-1. It looks weird, but I can't think of anything else. What do you think?

Jellyfish:
Eyes on a sphere are your best bet, I'm afraid. Or you can always bend things around and put a beam emitter in a cannon, like I think the Orion does.
If you need cannons, Supreme Commander has some pretty cool ones.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version