Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > The FRED Workshop

[WIP] Project: Final Generation

<< < (3/3)

Su-tehp:
Loved watching that mission. I especially liked the chatter between your wingmen, it make them seem like real characters.

But I think your debriefing sexps need some polishing since you got the message that you didn't have permission to jump when you so clearly did finish the mission. :p

Oh, and those Halcyone-class cruisers look damn nice. They look like souped-up Aeolus cruisers, but that's not a bad thing at all. :nod:

NeonShivan:

--- Quote from: Su-tehp on August 27, 2020, 11:27:00 pm ---Loved watching that mission. I especially liked the chatter between your wingmen, it make them seem like real characters.

But I think your debriefing sexps need some polishing since you got the message that you didn't have permission to jump when you so clearly did finish the mission. :p

Oh, and those Halcyone-class cruisers look damn nice. They look like souped-up Aeolus cruisers, but that's not a bad thing at all. :nod:

--- End quote ---

I'm glad you enjoyed the video!

Rip about the AWOL tho, will fix that this weekend.

NeonShivan:
UPDATE: 11/8/2020

Happy Sunday fellow Freespaceicans. I'm writing this post to inform you that Final Generation will be coming soon to a Knossos dashboard near you. Here's the status of the campaign:

Progress:
Mission 1: Done - Pending Testing
Mission 2: Done - Pending Testing
Mission 3: Done - Pending Testing
Mission 4: Done - Pending Testing
Mission 5: Done - Pending Testing
Mission 6: Done - Pending Testing
Mission 7: Done - Pending Testing
Mission 8: Cut from Initial Release
Mission 9: Cut from Initial Release
Mission 10: Cut from Initial Release

I've decided to cut out the last three missions for a couple of reasons. One, when I first made this topic the story was written slightly differently. Midway through production I didn't like how the story felt so I revised it, shorten the campaign, and started producing new missions to fit the revised story. Two, I lost the design doc for the new, revised story, so I'll have to spend some time re-writing it from memory. Initially I figured I'd make the last three missions but in order to ensure it flows with my original vision, I'll wait until I've re-written the design doc which will take some time. And three, seven missions will do more than enough to help give a general sense as to what the campaign is about, who your enemies are, who you're friends are etc. It'll also be enough for me to gauge community feedback and to adjust the soon to be re-written design doc to accommodate with community desires.

With that said, you should expect a release sometime soon, ideally before December but I won't make any promises.

Help Wanted: Testers

I am in need for some testers for the initial release. If you wish to provide assistance please either PM me or post here. You will be testing difficulty as well as inform me of any bugs I may have missed.

That is all, I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

NeonShivan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version