Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 844372 times)

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Well now that you have seen some of our new Shivan creations, what else do you really want to see?  Let us know, and perhaps we'll show you your due desire.

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
How about some of the new HTL Terran ships and HTL EA ships?
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Capships! New GTVA big ships.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Is the Lindos still in the current INF SCP?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
I wouldn't mind some EA and Vasudan fighters and bombers
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Speaking of Vasudan fighters and bombers, is the RVF Mihos still being used? It reminds me of the Seraphim despite being a Vasudan ship.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
How about some of the new HTL Terran ships and HTL EA ships?
Most of our EA ships are upgraded to HTL standards.  Unfortunately we do not have the resources right now to texture all of them.  If you know how to texture, please help us out (send me a PM).

Capships! New GTVA big ships.
Most GTVA capital ships will be redesigned.  The old Warlock will be scrapped and a new supercarrier model will be implemented, known as the GTCa Magos (Greek for "warlock").  The Phobos and the Alcyone will also be redesigned.  Most of our Vasudan capital ships are HTL and have been that way for some time now.

Is the Lindos still in the current INF SCP?
Yes.

I wouldn't mind some EA and Vasudan fighters and bombers
All EA strikecraft are now HTL; most of them are UVmapped but not textured (again, we need texture artists!!).  We do not have HTL Vasudan strikecraft (except for those from vanilla FS2) and do not plan to do them at the moment (yeah it's racism :p ).

Speaking of Vasudan fighters and bombers, is the RVF Mihos still being used? It reminds me of the Seraphim despite being a Vasudan ship.
The Mihos is still used by both the Terrans and the Vasudans, albeit they use the same model but different textures.  Soon they will have different models w/ the Terran one looking more like - well - a Terran fighter.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
EACv Skotas (nee Darkness):

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Darkness never looked so good. :yes:

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
This is FSF/Droid's one... Will it have some awesome missiles in his VLS-like lauchers? ;)
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
The Phobos and the Alcyone will also be redesigned.  Most of our Vasudan capital ships are HTL and have been that way for some time now.

I always liked the design of the Alcyone for some reason, Will the Phobos still be a monster of a corvette, i always remember it being pretty deadly with its beams and tordepoes.
Any chance of seeing any of the Vasudan ships?

Is the boreos(sp?) still the same design but looking better or is that ship being redesigned as well?
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
I have a rule of thumb when designing Terran capital ships: "When you run out of ideas, take them from Homeworld."

The Phobos will be a marriage between Dark's version (current version) and the Taiidani Heavy Cruiser from Homeworld.  I have not decided on the Alcyone yet...

As for the Boreas, it is now HTL:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
That is a really, really good rule.  :yes: Getting very excited for more Inferno, Rampage. Keep it up.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
I'm going to start stealing ideas from this dead Homeworld MOD:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/memories-of-hiigara

If you find a ship or a concept art that you like, let me know and I'll design it for Inferno.

And what do you think about this (from the Homeworld Concept MOD):

Once again, there will be no "theft" of other people's work.  We simply leech the ideas and make our own models based off of inspirations.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 12:15:15 am by Rampage »

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I really like this ship from this Homeworld Mod. I've loved it since I first saw the concept art for it.

Actually, come to think of it it kinda looks like a Mini UED Solaris :P

I like a lot of their other designs too, but that one the most :P
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
For me personally anything Taiidani and Vaygr are good examples of what a Terran ship should look like - blocky and utilitarian.

However the new GTCa Warlock design will be inspired by this:

Offline mr.WHO

Higarran Battlecruiser as GTCa Warlock ? F**k Yeah :)

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I honestly wouldn't steal an entire Homeworld ship design to try to pass off as a FreeSpace ship, they're far too iconic for that. Small details and whatnot, sure, but an entire ship would just be too visible.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
http://www.sectorgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=67369#67369

If you guys are interested in another potential direction for the Warlock, from the man himself. Although it is rather BSGish, especially those engines.

Oh, and for what it's worth, any new Zod stuff would be cool. :)
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Yeah, definitely BSGish.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras