Author Topic: bomber almost done  (Read 2934 times)

Offline --Steve-O--

• I might be the last man on earth to use TS3.2
meet the Saracen Bomber (not sure about the name still, its sounds cool so it might stick...for now) , comes equiped with 2 animated bomb bay pods a quartet of fold away mass driver cannons and a nice slew of external missiles and guns and as always a cockpit with a 3 man crew, i have plans for that...just need to make some pilot models. so far no hitches just have to finish a few things here and there and after that it'll be ready for download.
enjoy

"And so they dwelled in filth, on worlds made of dirt and feces, and there they lay until they stumbled into the skies." --the Mad Prophet

Offline Water

:eek2:
Wow. As usual, really nice work  ;)

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Awesoem work.

One comment though, great that you have some new weapon models (hopefully the community can use them also ;D ), but remember if they use the same map as the fighter, unless it is renamed they will glow also unless you sectioned it off or rename the weapon map (a copy of the original so there is no -glow name for it).

Overall comment:  :cool:
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Okay, If you're using external; weapon models, how do you get them to fold away? I though they were just stuck in the middle of the firing points?
"I only miss what I don't hit."
Show me something that beats 87 BF reds and I'll show you Hateful Lies!!!

Offline --Steve-O--

for fold away pods and guns you have to set the firing normals to where the weapon is going to be during use. it only works for a gun or pod model that is a part of the fighter pof and thats where the animation code comes in.
for just external missiles and such the game simply matches the missile models axis to the firing point.
"And so they dwelled in filth, on worlds made of dirt and feces, and there they lay until they stumbled into the skies." --the Mad Prophet

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Nice man... :o
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline --Steve-O--

Thanks!

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
frell

awesome, just awesome  :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Oh Jesus! Great design, great weapons...and great name, too!

:yes:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Sheeesh! How do you CODE that stuff in!?!?!?! :eek2:
I have created a masterpiece.

Offline --Steve-O--

PCS And Table entries a lot of reading, especially the wiki... STUDYING the way Nuke did it (that was invaluble actually)... coffee, and asprin. but once you get it to work right all you have to do is copy paste, rename some stuff figure out XYZ speed and such.
ya know i think i'll make a post with all the know how i have on the matter... 'cuz the animation code is awsome and really adds life to a model i think. i'd like to see more people take advantage of it.

Offline Eviscerator

• Who? What? Noway!
I am not easily impressed. That being said, I should inform you that I just spit Guiness all over my monitor in absolute shock at the quality of your work. :eek2:
The Lurker Extreme

To study and not think is a waste, but to think and not study is dangerous.

Hands off me haggis!!

Fat people are harder to kidnap :ha:

Offline Rico

Thats 1 pritty fighter  :pimp: