Author Topic: I think I can do a working cloaking device  (Read 2369 times)

I think I can do a working cloaking device
I have an Idea for a cloaking device. I've tried to get it done but I am having trouble. Can someone make a ship with a black sphere around it and have the sphere set as a subsysem. You can then use sexps to activate/deactivate your cloak. You can even set it to work on key presses. I have an Idea for a cloaking device. If someone gets this to work, could they please post a pic of their hierachy tree in truespace? I am having a lot of trouble getting the sphere to be a submodel.

------------------
wrong answer you see hiding in that asteroid belt are 6 dralthi fighter, a Kilrathi gangbang -Devereaux
wrong answer you see hiding in that asteroid belt are 6 dralthi fighters, a Kilrathi gangbang. -Devereaux

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Intriguing idea...a couple of things I want to mention. One, don't worry about the sphere, just copy the shield mesh and shrink it a bit. Second, how do you plan to get the AI to work with it correctly?

------------------
Sushi- the OTHER white meat!

Terminal_Decline

Put a protect SEXP in the cloaking event, and an unprotect SEXP in the uncloaking event.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Excellent job. That would also mean the cloak could be destroyed. Though that would be slightly hard without being able to target the damn things  

Very nice. I can't wait to see this one work. Warlock, Bobboau, where are you? Let's get this one off the ground  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

I'm not going to do that. I think I've worked out a better way. i'll show you when it's done.

------------------
wrong answer you see hiding in that asteroid belt are 6 dralthi fighter, a Kilrathi gangbang -Devereaux
wrong answer you see hiding in that asteroid belt are 6 dralthi fighters, a Kilrathi gangbang. -Devereaux

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator
Hehehe   Cool!

------------------
Long Live The Fighters!!!

Do or do not. There is no try - Master Yoda

Yub yub Commander! - Major Wes Janson

GTD Excellence Webmaster
NeoHunter<                   [b][email protected][/b]                                 >                  

Upcoming campaign: Fury Storm

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
{drool icon}

------------------
Sushi- the OTHER white meat!

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
is it possible to make that take power from the weapons not to abuse of it? At the same time make sexp disable weapons, bye the way.

------------------
venom2506
Member of the Robotech mod for FS2
http://robotechlan.com/freespace2/
SCREW CANON!

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Hmmm... well I don't know abotu weapons energy, but anyone remember the training mission we took when we got the shields for the first time in FS1? There was a sexp that took out one of our shield quadrants. Maybe we can use that instead, I think it would be equally appropriate.  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator
I remember that one. Shouldn't be too hard to just copy and paste the code froom the main FreeSpace 2 missions by the V guys and then modifying it for ourselves.

I think doing one from scratch is also possible.

------------------
Long Live The Fighters!!!

Do or do not. There is no try - Master Yoda

Yub yub Commander! - Major Wes Janson

GTD Excellence Webmaster
NeoHunter<                   [b][email protected][/b]                                 >                  

Upcoming campaign: Fury Storm