Author Topic: Truespace Dammit!  (Read 2679 times)

Offline The Claw

• Run! Chickens Incoming!
Okay, I have a new Cap-Ship for my upcoming campaign Alternate Reality (P1mp  ) but somethings wrong with truespace... If I just use 3D Exploration to convert the file from 3ds to cob (so it keeps the textures) and just convert it to pof, the models fine, except for the obvious fact of no sub-objects and thus no turrets. When I tried to use truespace to add the sub-objects (glue a light as sibling to the turret, then the turret\light assembly to the hull) it wouldn't convert, saying something about a Win32 error. I tried it again without actually changing the model just saving it in truespace and it still had the problem...
Somebody help please, or this new mod will probably not have any new Cap Ships, and only as many fighters\bombers as I can make in the 12 days left of my 3D Exploration trial.
 Come on, for the sake of seeing a giant chicken in space, help me out  

------------------
"Supernova, ya supernova, supernova goes pop
supernova, ya think it's over but the supernova don't stop" PM5K
Death:"Arnold Judas Rimmer... your life is over. You will travel with me to the-"
#knees death in the groin#
Rimmer:"Remember matey, it's only the good that die young"
Kudoth, god of pointless educational programs.
"I love the English for three reasons. One, we always beat you at rugby. Two, your wives are always friendly. Three you fought like devils to save us" Old French bloke at my uncles pub.
"One has plenty of time for contemplation while waiting for the endless waves of bad doggie werewolf monsters that chew your toes while you sleep"-Dradeel, BG2

Starwing

3D Eploration will still work after the trial periode expired, it just limites the number of objects you can view, and only lets you save a single model, unless you restart it.

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
TS seems to hate some models at random.

And I don't think the limit on 3DE actually stops you from doing anything after 30 days... or I've got a crack, can't remember  

Offline The Claw

Thanks guys...
 Now, I don't suppose someone feels like doing the truespace\sub-objects bit for me, do they? It's only got 3 turrets now... I can do the rest. Thanks for the help... of course, if anyone else has anything to say, like stopping Truespace hating models at random, that'd be    

------------------
Death:"Arnold Judas Rimmer... your life is over. You will travel with me to the-"
"I love the English for three reasons. One, we always beat you at rugby. Two, your wives are always friendly. Three you fought like devils to save us" Old French bloke at my uncles pub.
"One has plenty of time for contemplation while waiting for the endless waves of bad doggie werewolf monsters that chew your toes while you sleep"-Dradeel, BG2

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Did you try by saving the file without 3d exploration? the 3ds file doesn't keep the maps, but the UVW mapping is still there, so it's really easy to put the maps again...

------------------
venom2506
Member of the Robotech mod for FS2

and of Hidden Terror, the Shivan campaign

and My own page
SCREW CANON!

Offline The Claw

Wait, what your saying is that the object keeps the coordinates but not the mapping, or something akin, yes? Well... how do you get the mapping back?

------------------

Offline Nico

• Venom
well, depends on how many maps you've used. if there is only one, you just have to browse your map on your HD, and paint the whole model with it. If you have used multiple maps, paint over materials, it's easier. Oh, one thing about multiple maps, the defaut color ( the one shown if map isn't rendered under 3ds) must be different for each map, TS uses this colour to diferenciate each map, not the map name. So if all dafault colors are the same grey, TS will find only one map, and you won't be able to put more than one map (ok it's not very clear, but I can't explain better).

------------------
venom2506

and My own page
SCREW CANON!

Offline The Claw

Ok, I've read this through multiple times and I STILL don't get it. Dammit. Ah well, just me being dense...

------------------

Offline Nico

• Venom
Do you know how to apply maps under truespace? If you know, just apply the maps you did on the object without bothering about the UVW map, and it will use the ones you made under 3ds.

------------------
venom2506

and My own page
SCREW CANON!

Offline The Claw

Classy! Thanks for your help man!

------------------

Offline morris13

• New Marshal in town...

Originally posted by venom2506:
Oh, one thing about multiple maps, the defaut color ( the one shown if map isn't rendered under 3ds) must be different for each map, TS uses this colour to diferenciate each map, not the map name. So if all dafault colors are the same grey, TS will find only one map, and you won't be able to put more than one map
How do you see what the default color of a texture map is, and how do you change it?
If it aint broke, break it!