Author Topic: New way for Fighter Beams...  (Read 2733 times)

Offline The Claw

• Run! Chickens Incoming!
New way for Fighter Beams...
Ok, I know some one else thought this up and all, but look at the effects! (sorry whoever did it).
 This is a primary weapon utilizing a .pof file with a trail (basically using the same coding asJake Logans Browning for the primary tbl entry). The trail is the shivan Beam-red2 texture. Also a very high refire rate is required- (0.01)

------------------
Chickens? Where? Where BOOM!!
 Folks... we have a very special guest for you tonight... I would likje to introduce:
 MR HORN :-Linkin Park  
 Project coordinator of Alternate Reality: The Chickens Cometh and A... errr... team member of The Perfect Storm.

[This message has been edited by The Claw (edited 06-15-2001).]

[This message has been edited by The Claw (edited 06-15-2001).]
"I love the English for three reasons. One, we always beat you at rugby. Two, your wives are always friendly. Three you fought like devils to save us" Old French bloke at my uncles pub.
"One has plenty of time for contemplation while waiting for the endless waves of bad doggie werewolf monsters that chew your toes while you sleep"-Dradeel, BG2

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
Pretty damn cool.

Offline Snipes

• http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/us
um... yeah, but did you have to kil the support ship?

------------------
United Space
Newsie, Modder, Slave to Asta
------------------
"Snipes... Is The Dark Continent."

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
how did you make the charge up glows?

------------------
venom2506
Member of the Robotech mod for FS2

and of Hidden Terror, the Shivan campaign

and My own page
SCREW CANON!

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
Those look like engine glows.

Offline The Claw

Yeah, it is possible to make the charge up glows, but only if firing is a scripted sequence. For the player there is no charge up.
 And yes, support ships should die :P

------------------
 Folks... we have a very special guest for you tonight... I would likje to introduce:
 MR HORN :-Linkin Park ;)
 Project coordinator of Alternate Reality: The Chickens Cometh and A... errr... team member of The Perfect Storm.
"I love the English for three reasons. One, we always beat you at rugby. Two, your wives are always friendly. Three you fought like devils to save us" Old French bloke at my uncles pub.
"One has plenty of time for contemplation while waiting for the endless waves of bad doggie werewolf monsters that chew your toes while you sleep"-Dradeel, BG2

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
just one thing - you dont need a pof - just use a normal primary weapon add teh trail info under teh flag section and put none in for the laser bitmap and none in for the laserglow and then you got the exact same effect but with a little less drain on system resources
ARGHHH

Offline The Claw

The only problem with it is that when you turn you get a weird effect where the beam fired previously is behind the position the new one is firing at... hard to explain, but fully overcome by a higher ROF.

------------------

Originally posted by The Claw:
The only problem with it is that when you turn you get a weird effect where the beam fired previously is behind the position the new one is firing at... hard to explain, but fully overcome by a higher ROF.

Whats that?

------------------
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
ROF = Rate of Fire

Offline Fattony

• Banned
Uh, couldn't you just alter the Targeting Lasers entries? Much easier.

Offline The Claw

No, it doesn't work. If you do that, you can only ever get one beam, and it never takes away energy, and you don't get creditted with the kills.

------------------

Offline Fattony

• Banned
No. I mean remove the link to the SSM and add some damage data.

Offline The Claw

So do I...

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
the thing about beams isthat they have infinate ranger its just tehy dont target until then reach the range set in the tables you dont have that problem - you can shoot a ship at as far awell as the fs2 engine will allow it to be  - also with the fact it doesn't draw energy means that you can fire it from mies away so give it something as little as 30 damage and you can take out a ravana in no time sit at 10000m from it so it cant touch you and point at it and hold the trigger and in afew mins it will be gone - give it damage of a 100 and a sathanus will fall in i dont know proablly only about 5 mins maybe less acaully give it damage of 1 and it does s**t takes ages just to kills a fighter even with it going through shields - i found findinga balance all but impossible besides its not that much fun anyway
ARGHHH

Are you guna pout it up for DL so we can try it out?

------------------

Offline The Claw

Originally posted by StarGunner:
Are you guna pout it up for DL so we can try it out?

Yes
 This is only a Beta, a way from perfection, and any help with the development by reporting back would be gratefully accepted