Author Topic: Campaign Idea  (Read 4896 times)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Having messed about with making my own models for a while, I've decided that I want to make a campaign.  I've got a rough storyline idea, not too original, but hopefully fun.

However, I'm really looking for help and /or opinions.   If you contact me on ICQ / e-mail (see siggy), I'll give you full details.  Anything other than that I don't really want to say (top secrecy and all that   ).

I can use FRED2 a bit (and I'm willing to learn), I can do websites and tables ok,  and I can make capships and fighters, and I think I can work out the storyline myself, so i'm just looking for anyone with any skills in any of these areas willing to help me.

------------------
http://uk.geocities.com/gunnery_control/index.html
      [email protected]      

"Why does it always rain on me?
Is it because I lied when I was seventeen?
Even when the sun is shining, I can't avoid the lightning.."

(c)1999 Travis

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Having went over my stuff, I've figured out exactly what I should need;

Another modeller / someone very good at texturing ships

Someone good at FRED2 & especially storylining.

Someone to help me with new weapons.

And definately someone who can help me make loadout and briefing anis.

[This message has been edited by aldo_14 (edited 06-18-2001).]

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
Ok, I'm a good fella :P

I'm willing to help you with Storyline, FRED2(including teaching you how to work with it) and weapons.

If you're interested, E-mail me to: [email protected]
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Originally posted by Raven2001:
Ok, I'm a good fella :P

I'm willing to help you with Storyline, FRED2(including teaching you how to work with it) and weapons.

If you're interested, E-mail me to: [email protected]

Cheers Raven, I sent you an e-mail.  Incidentally, the probable campaign name is  
The Ghost and the Darkness

although I think this may be taken.  If so, can someone let me know?  I have other ideas, anyway.

did you recieve my email?  I'll help with models.  in fact, I already have a few laid out.  (note: I sent the email to: [email protected]  that's the one my friend, Delta told me to email you at (the relation is explained in my email, he might have sent one too.)  just let me know if you need me.

------------------
Zeta Leader

death comes quickly to those who fail
Zeta Leader

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Just got your e-mail - 7 hour time diff, so it's still 12.30 over here, and yep, I would appreciate your help.

Sadly, IE crashed in the middle of typing my reply (grrr), but if you go to the link in my siggy all the info is there.

i'll add your info to the page during my next update  

------------------
      [email protected]      

(c)1999 Travis

great news!

------------------
Zeta Leader

Zeta Leader

actually, I already have designs for the Claymore, Sceptre, and the Kyoto.  guess I've got too much time on my hands   (even with finals.  hell, I'm typing this reply DURING my final! {it is completed though, so i won't get yelled at})

------------------
Zeta Leader

Zeta Leader

Offline Fattony

• Banned

Posted by Raven2001:
Ok, I'm a good fella  

So am I, but not in the same use of the phrase.  

Some basic plot info might be nice.  

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Originally posted by Fattony:
So am I, but not in the same use of the phrase.  

Some basic plot info might be nice.  

See website in siggy  

------------------
      [email protected]      

(c)1999 Travis

I'd give out some info, but the last thing I need is to be kicked off the project.  I'd rather have Aldo give out details after all, he created this thing!

------------------
Zeta Leader

Zeta Leader

Offline Fattony

• Banned
*grumbles incoherantly*
<underbreath>Smart arse</underbreath>

Might be an idea to change that link so it says "The Ghost And The Darkness----Campaign Leader" or words to that effect.

oops, actually, the story plot is posted on aldo's site.  go there for details.  (of course, we don't want to give too many details, heh)

------------------
Zeta Leader

Zeta Leader

Offline Fattony

• Banned
The prologue sounds like something i'd think up. My missions tend to revelove around a big ship being destroyed by a bigger ship, which is blow up by something even bigger.

Second Colossus=Unlikely
Built in Secret=Hahahaha
Inter-system jumps, not node-dependant=Way to kill the game.

Better idea:

While the fleet is headed for Capella an unknown signal is detected near an instable node in Capella. A destroyer is sent to investigate, it losses contact with command and disappears. No debris is  detected by an AWACS sent to scan the Saths and investigate the disappearance, but there's a wierd subspace energy in the area. Capella explodes.

More mystery and doesn't completely screw with the basic elements of the game. *cough*nodes*cough*.

Offline Fattony

• Banned
file:///C:/my%20documents/my%20webs/freespace2/plans.html

You ****ed up your nav menu.

who's to say it would ruin the game?  the Shivans have been in existance for god knows how long.  I'm sure they have technology we could never dream of.  especially if they had the Lucifer 8000 years ago (among other giants according to Woomeister).  this technology is feasible.

------------------
Zeta Leader

Zeta Leader

Offline Fattony

• Banned
Okay, go ahead. See how good your missions are when you can't blockade any nodes and an Uber-Ship can just jump anywhere and annihilate everything with a single blow.

Offline Snipes

• http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/us
Intersystem jumps? aren't they from one point in the system to another? and don't all GTVA vessels already have that capability?

I could be wrong...

------------------
United Space
Newsie, Modder, Slave to Asta
------------------
"Snipes... Is The Dark Continent."

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Originally posted by Fattony:
Okay, go ahead. See how good your missions are when you can't blockade any nodes and an Uber-Ship can just jump anywhere and annihilate everything with a single blow.

I think you are vastly underestimating the story writing skills of myself and the team.  Suffice to say, this has already been fully taken into account, but is classified info  

The story on the webpage is nowhere near the depth of the full storyline.  Only the staff will have access to the full story, etc, until the final release.

I can promise that the final battle will be... spectacular.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Originally posted by Snipes:
Intersystem jumps? aren't they from one point in the system to another? and don't all GTVA vessels already have that capability?

I could be wrong...

I think you mean intra system jumps?  Anyway, I mean jumps from system to system without a node.