Author Topic: GTB Condor Mk I WIP  (Read 5588 times)

New Missile load out configuration.

https://p3d.in/TQ7sR

All the best,
Jadehawk
Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

It's just too many missiles, especially given how clean the rest of the ship looks. Maybe make the surface of the banks flush with the edges, without that raised rim?
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Why do you have to cut a hole and put head of the missile here? You may just put some round detail onto face as non-magnifold detail... Or do this later via texture.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I agree with Phantom, that still looks to me like too many missiles, and too small an aperture for larger bombs.  I reiterate my suggestion of having one of the banks... the inner ones perhaps, reduced to just a single row of larger missile points per window, or perhaps have some in stagger rather than parallel rows.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Humm...ok guys! :) How about I reduce the number to 8 missiles per side? I understand having the number I had was too much. I was initially trying to emulate the Cannon types of Bombers number . I'll give the 8 number a try and present it here. Since they will be large, I do not feel emulating the detail on a texture would suffice due to the large size of the missiles. Or maybe just show some hatches instead?

We'll see and all this is part of the journey to get it right. Much thanks for the opinions :)

All the best,
Jadehawk

Ok, perhaps an improvement?  Note, I just added 8 missiles per side, some armor plating as well. Still a long way to go.  :D

https://p3d.in/jqHLY

All the best and keep them comments coming!

Jadehawk

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
Think you ought to pay more attention to the overall shape for now, rather than the small details like bomb tubes.

Try to think hours the bomber would be built. Posts parts that are produced and assembled together, etc.
Right now it looks too much like a 3d model, rather than something that would be built
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Certainly much more realistic for missile tubes now.  :yes:

I honestly can imagine that this is just an Ursa frame underneath that new shiny FS2 era armour and plating.

Yes the Ursula was my inspiration for doing this.

ok, I went and cleaned up the back center of this ship and pretty much redid the engine rears as well. In fact, the whole back end has changed. The basic shape is there now as the panels have been aligned and such.

One thing I see from working on all my projects is I cant please everyone :) But that does not mean I don't care, In fact, I take everyone's opinions into consideration and see if that's a better idea or not. So weather I incorporate your suggestions and ideas or not, it dies have an influence in the overall design and this reflects mine and everyone's thoughts. :)

Latest configuration here:

https://p3d.in/7lxhN

All the best,
Jadehawk

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Is that some sort of comms or sensor boom on the left wingtip?

Yes it is a long range passive sensor.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Will this have similar capabilities to the Aurora from BP?

I remember playing BP when it first came out. But that was a long time ago and cant remember it's capabilities. I envisioned this as a heavy assault bomber which depending on it's load out, would take on large cap ships, large installations and the alike. The heavy cannons under the nose are it's secondary offensive weapon with the missile load out it's main obviously.

I also have a variant of this bomber that has heavy armor used by the Special Operations Branch as well. Uprated fusion reactors to help compensate the extra weight and increased shielding as well. Other than that, pretty much the same.

Having said all this, this bomber's capabilities can be changed to suite what we the community needs as well. After all, this is Freespace :)

All the best,
Jadehawk

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
In BP, the Aurora is kinda like a miniature AWACS.

Ahh ok, in real life, I have worked on the E-3 AWACS and the AEW&C Wedgetail airborne surveillance aircraft and could do something similar if it's wanted. No rotating thingy as that technology pretty much has been replaced by solid state electronics which the radar is electronically steered versus the manually rotated one. But, who's to say we can have that here too?

All the best,
Jadehawk

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I never actually said that I wanted it to be an AWACS ship, I just was comparing your mentioning of this ship's long-range passive radar capabilities to the semi-AWACS capabilities of BP's GTF Aurora.

Yes, understood :) I would imagine (in my opinion) by the time this ship got around in squadron service, passive technology would be paramount for offensive assaults in the missions it's designed for. Found some boo-boos with the front of the model and been working on that.

All the best,
Jadehawk