Author Topic: Little help with an INFR1 Mission  (Read 4460 times)

Offline wdarkk

Little help with an INFR1 Mission
In the mission to destroy the shivan SSD, the bombers don't seem to... bomb. I cranked time compression up to 64x but they still weren't doing much of anything. I think the damage stopped at 25%. Am I doing something wrong?

Re: Little help with an INFR1 Mission
Are you using FSO? If so, which version? And have you installed the R1_SCP Patch if you are indeed using FSO?

This couldn't be a variation on the evil evil Red Alert Bug, could it (the bombers not firing bombs cause they don't have them?)
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline wdarkk

I installed the patch. I'm using v3.6.9 (for windows, since it's not having the problems I had earlier with the mac version).

It could, I think, be a version of a bug that has been plaguing this mission ever since 3.6.9 came out. The bug causes ships to lose subsystems when in a red-alert mission.

What about the two capital ships in the area? Even if the bombers aren't harming the SSD, shouldn't they be gunning it down?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline wdarkk

It could, I think, be a version of a bug that has been plaguing this mission ever since 3.6.9 came out. The bug causes ships to lose subsystems when in a red-alert mission.

What about the two capital ships in the area? Even if the bombers aren't harming the SSD, shouldn't they be gunning it down?

It could be the subsystem bug. The SSD has all subsystems at zero from the getgo, and the Independence doesn't fire at all after some message about the SSD's main beamcannon having a power surge.

Also the SSD  has no turrets, but is still causing damage to the fighters (it's the only hostile in the area).

Try replaying the previous mission. If that doesn't work, open the mission in FRED and disable the red-alert. Should fix the problem.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I installed the patch.

Wich patch? There are two of them. The most recent one solves the problem with the Diablo :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Well, then obviously he didn't install the most recent, or he wouldn't be having the problem now would he? :lol:

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
In the mission to destroy the shivan SSD, the bombers don't seem to... bomb. I cranked time compression up to 64x but they still weren't doing much of anything. I think the damage stopped at 25%. Am I doing something wrong?

It can lead me to think that there's another kind of problem. Stop laughing, copilot! :P
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Ah, but look here:

It could be the subsystem bug. The SSD has all subsystems at zero from the getgo, and the Independence doesn't fire at all after some message about the SSD's main beamcannon having a power surge.

Also the SSD  has no turrets, but is still causing damage to the fighters (it's the only hostile in the area).

Sounds like the Red Alert bug to me.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I know, but I usually experience something different with that bug. There's no Alpha 1, and I can only use external views of other craft. :blah:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline wdarkk

I'm only seeing one patch here: http://inferno.hard-light.net/R1.htm (the SCP patch).

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
There's another patch from Shadow. :)

Link: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,47746.0.html :)

<I was right, Dark Hunter :P>
The Lightblue Ribbon