Author Topic: Inferno: Alliance on SCP - is it supposed to look like that?  (Read 4721 times)

Offline Objekt

Inferno: Alliance on SCP - is it supposed to look like that?
I'm running INFA on a recent (as in last week) FS: SCP install (.exe version 3.6.9).  It's awesome that every fighter has been HTL'd.  The music is missing, probably because I can't find the fabled "Warble_FS1OGG.exe" for download anywhere, but there's something else...odd going on.

There's a distinct lack of engine glows.  Is this supposed to happen?

Somehow, I'm thinking it's not. 

FWIW, I followed the instructions on file:///D:/FS_SCP/INFA/readme/readme.html, apart from not having Warble_FS1OGG.exe.  I do have original CDs for FS1.  The name of that file suggests it's from the first Freespace game.  So, could I get it by reinstalling FS1?

Or maybe I should just wait for Inferno: Alliance standalone to come out?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Re: Inferno: Alliance on SCP - is it supposed to look like that?

There's a distinct lack of engine glows.  Is this supposed to happen?
Yes, for that version

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Yep. There seems to be a lack of engine glows for the 3.6.9 SCP build. Due to some missing media files. Until the SCP website goes back up, im not sure where to get the appopriate VP
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Yep. There seems to be a lack of engine glows for the 3.6.9 SCP build. Due to some missing media files. Until the SCP website goes back up, im not sure where to get the appopriate VP
That's not why it happens with the Apollo. It was done on purpose to try and fix another problem. They've been reverted back for the next release.

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Oh...okay...Just that with every the exception of TBP, all the other campaigns ive played for FS2 on SCP 3.6.9 have missing engine and explosion effects...so i thought it wasdue to me not having the correct files
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Objekt

It's all good.  All the other ships have engine glows.  Only thing I'm missing for now is music.  I'd like to wait for the next, full INF:A release so I can have everything - including the expanded fleet - but it's so darn good I can hardly resist playing, music or no!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Get the music from the FSPort and modify the music.tbl to reference .wav files instead of .oggs. It's what I did last year with the test build... :nervous:

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
What's with all of you complaining of not having the INFA music ?  :doubt:

Download the FULL INFA files from sectorgame . ne rar , includes ALL of the INFA files , each with it's installation file .