Author Topic: 3 Video Game Franchises that Devolved Over Time.”  (Read 2516 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: 3 Video Game Franchises that Devolved Over Time.”
EG is strictly a-political, so articles discussing topics such as "Slavery and colonialism in Fallout" or "Most character creation screens default to a white straight cis male character. This is unconscious racism and needs to stop" will never be covered there.

That is their editorial line, and as part of freedom of speech and freedom of the press, they are entitled to that. And again, I don't begrudge your for being in their employ - regardless if it work for a paycheck or work out of conviction. (Actually as I said in my first post, I am glad for you to have that work)

However that doesn't mean that they get to be exempt from criticsm of that position (of which there is much, e.g. starting with the implications of the linguistic framing "politics - policy"). The same goes for me and my work (it would be hyprocritical to say considering this "exercise" - yeah, young me was so hamfisted that he used actual pigs...).

I also pick my custom according to preferrences. I certainly have no problem with leaving any site I find to be part of said "underdeveloped discourse" by the wayside - but I will also not ignore them when they appear in a space I frequent, like here.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 06:05:41 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."