Author Topic: Looking for Cutscene- and Loading-Screen Tutorials  (Read 1446 times)

Looking for Cutscene- and Loading-Screen Tutorials
I'm looking for good Tutorials to learn how to create my own loading screen/menu for my campaign and how to create Cutscenes ingame... Does anyone have a link for me :)? Looks like I'm too stupid to find them in the Wiki/Forum...

Thanks!

EDIT: Found two Cutscene-Tutorials from the Wiki, but I'm still looking for the loading screens...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 06:17:20 am by bomb3rman »

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Re: Looking for Cutscene- and Loading-Screen Tutorials
You are going to make ingame cutscenes with camera movement SEXPs, right?

Loading screens? In FRED -> Editors -> Mission Specs you should have the option to choose a loading screen. I suppose you should place a 1920x1080 screen in 1024x768 field, but I am not sure. Too distracting for new FREDers.

You could also take a look at ASW or BP loading bars - these are pretty neat, and I think we all need to get a bit away from that FS2 loading belt, that's soooo '99.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Yes I was thinking about ingame cutscenes with camera movement SEXPs. I think I'll understand the tutorials once I finished them.

Sorry, but where can I find information about the ASW/BP loading bars. They are nice, I want them too :)

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
I think you could just grab ASW and look for it in the mod files. Oh, and I am absolutely sure that PVD_Hope used the ASW loading bar in his Lost campaign, perhaps just ask him?
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Nevermind. Since I'm using the Blue Planet mod with my campaign, I already have their loading bars which I like very much. Now I can change the background image, that's all I wanted. I just thought that I had to add them manually, but it seems like they are put into the loading screen automatically.

Thank you :)

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
or you could open up few of Axem creations. This guy knows his business damn well. Or ask any specific questions you have here.
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--