Author Topic: Problems with Saitek X52  (Read 2135 times)

Offline CeeBee

Problems with Saitek X52
Hi,

I am new to this forum, so please forgive me if this information is already available somewhere - I did try to find it first, though :rolleyes:

I have installed the Babylon Project, and am trying to set it up using my Saitek X52 HOTAS. But when I enter the flight mode, my spaceship just spins uncontrollably to the left, and doesn't respond to the joystick input at all.

With mouse, I do not have any problems - and when tested from the Launcher, the controllers seem to be working just fine.

In the options screen in game you have 2 settings, joystick sensitivity and deadzone settings, sounds like it is too sensitive or you need a bigger deadzone

Offline CeeBee

Originally posted by PSI-KILLER
In the options screen in game you have 2 settings, joystick sensitivity and deadzone settings, sounds like it is too sensitive or you need a bigger deadzone

No, that's not it. I set the sensitivity to almost zero, and tried many different deadzone settings. None of them had any effect at all. The spaceship spins uncontrollably, and the joystick doesn't have any effect whatsoever to it.

It seems that the program reads all data from the USB joystick in a corrupted way somehow. Also, when I try to set up my thrust stick so that it would control the speed of the ship, the program does not recognise it at all - so moving the thrust stick forward and backward is not recognised.

Offline CeeBee

OK now I got the hang of it. The problem is that I also have pedals connected (I use them with IL-2 Sturmovik), and they always want to install themselves as Game Controller #1 (that cannot be changed).

So, Freespace seems to be reading input from my pedals instead of from the Saitek HOTAS, as that is the Game Controller #2.

Does anyone know whether this problem can at all be circumvented? So, could I tell Freespace to read input from the game controller #2? I would not want to be switching my pedals on and off the computer all the time.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You should be able to use the force 1 and force 0 options in the launcher to choose which joystick TBP uses if simply selecting the joystick isn't working.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]