Author Topic: Strange glitch...  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Cavane

This occured only after starting play on the 'In the Beginning' campaign.  The campaign crashed early on, so I decided not to bother with it, but after that, when playing other campaigns, a lot of the graphics elements were missing.  Examples are the Narn station in the Reflections campaign, as well as any and all shooting graphics.  As in, when I fire my weapons, the bullets do not appear, but I can still damage ships, I just am shooting invisible heat rays at them... or something.  I reinstalled the program, created a new pilot, and still am having these problems.  Any ideas?

Offline Manunkind

• Ummm...
Which base are you running ITB on? It's not meant to be run on 3.x bases. I ran it on 3.2 and had the same problem as you do now. I heard there's a way to convert ITB to 3.x bases, but I've no idea how to do it, sorry...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I suspect that in the beginning is a campaign that installed mods. If you can remember which files it installed shove them in a folder called InTheBeginning inside your TBP folder and it will be the end of the problem.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline -Norbert-

And Karajorma is right. ItB uses their own tables, which you have to move somewhere else, to play the other campaigns. I had the same problem and that solved it.

And I would suggest to put any campaign that comes with more than just the mission files into it's own folder and start it via the mod selector in the launcher.

Offline Cavane

Yes, that was it, thanks.  Problem solved.

Offline den5

This campaign is not compatible with 3.x bases. Wait for updating.