Author Topic: Anyone want a Gravis Firebird?  (Read 2292 times)

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Anyone want a Gravis Firebird?
Does anyone want one of these? These are stock photos from the net since I don't have a good camera or patience. lol. :P

I have one lying around that I got from Goodwill (no original box!). It does look to be in great shape. I haven't tested it since I don't have the cable needed to connect it to a modern USB port. Such a cable does exist, and if anyone wants it I can direct them to the cable. I don't have a real use for the Firebird myself...

If someone shows real interest, I'll put it up on eBay for 20 USD. Is this fair or am I being totally unreasonable to expect that anyone wants a 90's joystick? :P

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Re: Anyone want a Gravis Firebird?
Considering there are some people who are somewhat fixated on buying old 90s gameport joysticks I wouldn't be surprised if you find a buyer.

I mean, I get nostalgia, but I still bought a usb stick even if it was very 90s.

I suggest you browse eBay yourself to have an idea what price this usually goes for.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline HLD_Prophecy

Good idea, thanks!

Offline HLD_Prophecy

Yeah, cheapest one is here for 22 bucks. I think asking for 20 on my part is fair.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Yeah, you'd need a 15-pin GamePort to USB adapter, there's some for like $20 on eBay.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

Right. I don't have that cash to spare now. Hopefully someone else does and wants to take the joystick off my hands. :)

Offline Davros

be aware that some joysticks dont work with standard gameport to usb adapters (i think the sidewinder 3d is one of them)
you need a special adapter
that stick also looks like it has a ps2 keyboard passthrough because the stick buttons transmit keystrokes